Rega Brio R or Arcam FMJ A19

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
In this months Hi fi News and Hi fi World the Arcam A19 has been reviewed. It was also reviewed a couple of months ago in Hi Fi Choice. It was very well reviewed in all magazines.

Paul

Paul

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Lo Fi said:
Which of these two amplifiers would work best with Monitor Audio RX6 speakers and Audiolab 8200 CD player

I've read several times that MA use Arcam to develop their speakers... :?

Yes they did...

IMHO Arcam and RS or RX range is one of the best combos.

There you have it!!! :read:

:cheers: PP

Not sure about "there you have it!!!". It is purely a personal view (IMHO), based on my room acoustics and taste.

Arcam, AFAIK, used develop their amps using certain MA models... not sure whether they still do.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Lo Fi said:
Which of these two amplifiers would work best with Monitor Audio RX6 speakers and Audiolab 8200 CD player

Yes they did...

Not sure about "there you have it!!!". It is purely a personal view (IMHO), based on my room acoustics and taste.

Arcam, AFAIK, used develop their amps using certain MA models... not sure whether they still do.

It's in the RX catalog, a Arcam AV and Stereo Amp and CD player... FIWF

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Lo Fi said:

Yes they did...

It's in the RX catalog, a Arcam AV and Stereo Amp and CD player... FIWF

When I phoned MA about 18 months ago and asked which amps they'd recommend: "Leema, Cyrus, Roksan..." They made no reference to Arcam until I asked, the replied, "we used to use Arcams but more recently Cyrus and Roksan are preferable, or Leema for the Platinum range."

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I heard the Arcam a few months back. Immediately didn't like it. Sounded very weak, although detailed. Might have been because it was just out of box. I would def go listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts