rega brio r dac pm6004 confussed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need some help have just been looking at rega products thinking of changing my current system pm6004/cd6004 bx2 speakers do i need to buy the amp ie rega brio r then run it with my cd6004?? also is the dac also needed to improve sound?? i want to play my ipod through either the cd6004 or can i do away with that and play it through the rega systems sorry to sound stupid do not know alot about rega yet, also will change speakers to rega rs1s

help please for the simplest way to play ipod dont really need a cd player thought i have to keep the marantz for the usb connection could be wrong

thanks martin...

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi Martin,

I had exactly the same system as you regarding amp/cd/speakers!

First I changed to a rega Brio R amp and was really pleased with the change but felt the speakers were letting the amp down a bit, I auditioned some Neat Motive 3, Kefq300 and Rega Rs1. The Neat sounded too bassy in my room, the KEF I thought were not that much better than the BX2 but when I tried the RS1 they sounded fantastic, not boomy really detailed and musical....it seems the Rega synergy isn't a myth the system sounds fantastic!

Ive had the rega DAC now for a few days using my CD6004 as a transport and it sounds absolutely fantastic and I'm really pleased at the minute....slowly but surely going through all my CDs again and discovering how much better try sound.

Keep the cd player it makes a superb transport! I won't be buying another cd player again that's for sure!

Regards to cables I'm using a mark grant g1000hd digital coax at £22 no need to spend more, chord crimson and silver carnival.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
How have you ripped your music to your pc/mac? Playing and ipod through the USB on CDP is not conducive to the best sound?

To get your music through a DAC you will need to rip to flac or apple lossless the through your DAC or use a squeezebox to stream wirelessly then into the rega DAC.

A

Anonymous

thanks four advice steve not as hi tech as you!! i know playing your i pod is not the best it just seems easier i have rip all the music on the ipod using lossless best i can do do you need the dac also is ths ti improve the sound even more??

regards martin..

r

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
well yes because in effect if you plu your ipod into the cdp you will be using the Marantz DAC it still sounds pretty ood, but an external dac like the Rega will yield better results

A

Anonymous

thanks steve top man fully understand now best start saving and talking the wife round to the idea!!!

TRENDING THREADS