Red or White Wine?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which do you find better for listening to music?

It got me wondering about the Placebo Effect if drinking your 'preferred poison' and hence putting you in a more relaxed mode has an beneficial effect.

What do you think?

A

Anonymous

Red wine x 2..........Everything seems very mellow after that...... Or Dynamic.......Or whatever you want it to!......

trevor79:Which do you find better for listening to music? It got me wondering about the Placebo Effect if drinking your 'preferred poison' and hence putting you in a more relaxed mode has an beneficial effect. What do you think?

JoelSim asked the same question last summer (ish) and because I rarely drink, I would say a good lemon tea. Sorry if I've lowered the tone!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
If I'm having a serious listening session (ie no one else home, lights down or low, etc etc) then it's always a good quality red generally...

Going with your theme though trev, I have found myself on occassion matching 'poison of choice' with what I'm listening to - AC/DC and Jack Daniels go very well together for example
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

margetti:
If I'm having a serious listening session (ie no one else home, lights down or low, etc etc) then it's always a good quality red generally...

Going with your theme though trev, I have found myself on occassion matching 'poison of choice' with what I'm listening to - AC/DC and Jack Daniels go very well together for example
emotion-1.gif

Yes indeed, but prefer Jim Beam myself.

Do like a drop or two of Bowmore in some of my more mellow moments. (with a spash of water)

idc

Champaigne, darlings, it has simply just got to be champaigne...................................................

littlebritain_682_391888a.jpg

...............are you wanting to know where I keep my sub-woofer!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
trevor79:

Yes indeed, but prefer Jim Beam myself.Do like a drop or two of Bowmore in some of my more mellow moments. (with a spash of water)

Yep, a good scotch works wonders too! ÿ
emotion-2.gif

ÿ

idc

I like a little lager. Whisky is good to, my favourite at the moment is Jura, never been a big fan of the Islay malts. But the worst time to listen to the hifi is after a night out at the pub as my ears are usually ringing from the noise and dreadful music. I have never been to a pub with a decent sound system. That included one where I was staggered to see it was a Linn CDP and amp behind the bar.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Red 100%.

And all you beer drinkers out there, save it for watching footie! Try a glass or 10 of red and you will appreciate the music far more than if you've been drinking beer.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Can't beat a single malt when listening to music. Which kind depends on the type of music. I'm a big Islay fan, so love a nice Lagavulin/Ardbeg when a storm is whipping around outside. Try listening to Serge Gainsbourg's 'Histoire de Melody Nelson' with the lights down, a fine Talisker and a cigar....
emotion-2.gif

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
It's gotta be a crate of Brown Ale with a jar of rancid pickled eggs on the floor next to me. Swigging from the bottle of brown and wiping my vinegar stained fingers on the arm of the chair as the sound of Koss's howling Les Paul washes over me.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Coffee!!

(or ont he very rare occasion that I drink alcohol, Old Speckled Hen or Hobgoblin).

I'm with this guy....that Hobgoblin is damn good beer. But I will drink anything, especially if its free. I like red but 'er indoors likes white.....so there has to be a compromise

A

Anonymous

Ridleski:Can't beat a single malt when listening to music. Which kind depends on the type of music. I'm a big Islay fan, so love a nice Lagavulin/Ardbeg when a storm is whipping around outside. Try listening to Serge Gainsbourg's 'Histoire de Melody Nelson' with the lights down, a fine Talisker and a cigar....
emotion-2.gif

So Ridleski, when am I coming over? Big yes to Gainsbourg and the Talisker - I'll leave the cigar to you though....and I might be a wee while..it's a long way from OZ....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
raym87:

matthewpiano:Coffee!! (or ont he very rare occasion that I drink alcohol, Old Speckled Hen or Hobgoblin).

I'm with this guy....that Hobgoblin is damn good beer. But I will drink anything, especially if its free. I like red but 'er indoors likes white.....so there has to be a compromise

Agreed. She will have to develope her palate

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I normally drink red wine all the time, but do like my beer.

Just back from Asda with some Theakstons old peculiar and Black sheep rigwelter.

Must be drunk cold by the way.

A

Anonymous

raym87:
matthewpiano:Coffee!!(or ont he very rare occasion that I drink alcohol, Old Speckled Hen or Hobgoblin).

Ros‚?

ÿ

Right now I'm having a belgian kriek (cherry) beer. Niiice!...

ÿ

A

Anonymous

momo72:raym87:
matthewpiano:Coffee!!(or ont he very rare occasion that I drink alcohol, Old Speckled Hen or Hobgoblin).

Ros‚?

Nope....Ros‚ is diabolical. Tastes how I would imagine the proverbial cat's **** would taste.

A

Anonymous

raym87:momo72:raym87:

Ros‚?

ÿ

ÿ

Nope....Ros‚ is diabolical. Tastes how I would imagine the proverbial cat's **** would taste.

ÿ

Nah nah nah. Ros‚ is lovely. It's a summer wine (IMO) and therefore tastes better when outside it's a scorcher (25C min.) and you're sitting in the garden with the lawn freshly cut. Needs to be drunk chilled though. And please don't serve it on ice... ;o) ÿ Goes well with coupla shrimps chucked on the barbie... :-D

ÿ

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:raym87:
matthewpiano:Coffee!! (or ont he very rare occasion that I drink alcohol, Old Speckled Hen or Hobgoblin).

Agreed. She will have to develope her palate

Indeed.

I find the season dictates the selection as well. In the summer there's nothing on earth like an ice-cold Cruzcampo (Spanish lager from Seville). In the winter, the bitterly cold British winter, a fine whiskey can do wonders to stave off the suicidal tendencies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts