red flashing led on cyrus 8 power

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
one of my 8 powers has started flashing its led red when i try to switch it out of standby, in standby its just the normal constant red. anyone got a clue what it means as its not mentioned in the manual. :read:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The official explanation is 'an internal problem', and the suggested remedy is 'switch off and switch on: the amplifier should restore'

Assuming you have no obvious problems such as loose connections at amp or speaker end causing a short, I'd suggest the old 'turn it off, unplug the mains cable, wait a few minutes and reconnect' before you start thinking about servicing.

A

Anonymous

I had the exact same problem with my xpower. It ended up going back to Cyrus for a new power supply fitting. Fortunately it was still under warranty. Just make sure you check for any loose connections and double check the mono/stereo switch on the back is in the correct position for youre set up.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
it doesnt seem to be resetting itself so it will be going off on a little trip back to the factory. oh well, its back to using one switched to stereo for the time being, suppose it could be worse. thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts