Recording on USB on 42V20???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm about to take delivery of my new v20, what usb hard drive do I need to take advantage of the recording function?

Has anyone actually tried recording onto USB on this model, is it good, does it work??

Cheers, Adam.

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Not tried it , but I wouldn't use a bus powered one - dont know how much power is available to those ports. I'd use one with a seperate power supply - but pretty much anything should do. I've played back plenty using it, but not recorded.

I think anything recorded will only playback on the TV and is not transferable to a PC

A

Anonymous

A quick bit of info if you are using the USB facility to record that you must have a minimum of a 500Gb external hard drive for this function to work, anything lower than this capacity will not let you use this facility.

A

Anonymous

Thanks panasonic store. 500gb, powered I presume? What is the interface like, can I program recordings off the freesat EPG, I won't be using a roof antenna.

A

Anonymous

chicknorris:Thanks panasonic store. 500gb, powered I presume? What is the interface like, can I program recordings off the freesat EPG, I won't be using a roof antenna.

Yes it would be a powered external hard drive and i do apologise for one thing, you only need a 160Gb hard drive capacity or bigger, i must of thought of something else when i said 500Gb. You can record from the built in tuners in the tv such as the Freesat HD or Freeview HD. As for recording, you can instant record aswell as rewind live tv but it looks like you can't do a programmed timer recording off the guide.

A

Anonymous

Yes you can't record from Sky or a Virgin box as its an external device (really you would have a Sky+ or V+ box to do that). The USB record facility is designed to interface with the built in tuners on the tv for someone who does not have a Freeview / Freesat recorder of some sort and a Sky+ or V+ box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts