Recommended: TuneIn app or internet radio made easy

iMark

Yesterday my partner bought the app TuneIn for her iPad. After playing around with it, I can really recommend getting this app for your mobile device. Quite a few devices are supported: iPhone/iPad, Android, Palm, Blackberry, Samsung Bada.

http://tunein.com/

We can listen to 30.000 radio stations from all over the world but the feature we really like is the ability to listen to BBC stations. There's even an option to click on a specific programme and get a list of previous episodes. Absolutely great for us because we live outside the UK and can't subscribe to podcasts that contain copyrighted material (like BBC Radio 3's Composer of the Week). It looks like the app supports iPlayer streams. Bitrates could be a bit higher for the BBC streams. :-(

The app also has a timed recording feature. alarm and sleep functions and gives extensive programme listings.

Our iPad can stream directly to our Airport Express so playing through the stereo is incredibly easy.

If you like classical music I can really recommend Dutch Radio 4. Andrew Everard has recommend this station before. It streams at 256 kbps.

All I can say is WOW!

If you want to listen to the radio stations on your Mac or PC you can go to this website: www.radiotime.com. It offers the same features as the app but is free.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
got this for my new iphone4....works really well!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Yup, it's great. It was one of the first apps I downloaded for my iPod Touch. There's quite a few local radios stations on there that I like, that I've previously come across when driving about the UK. I'm now in the Channel Islands, and TuneIn means I can listen to a far wider range of channels than the half dozen or so we have here. A half dozen which includes 5 Beeb channels...
emotion-1.gif

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is a cool app - just wondering is it very data hungry? If i have a 1gb allowance on 3g.. would it eat into that pretty quickly? I have only tried it on wi-fi yet

Cheers,

Mick

A

Anonymous

Can I just say what a relief to find somebody who truly knows what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how to bring a difficulty to mild and make it important. Extra folks must learn this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant consider youre not more common since you definitely have the gift.
who is network solutions Evaluate dreamhost promo code toeless singlehop inc towpath

dmck

Oct 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi, this is my favourite music app, really worth a look!

And the ads are visual only - they never interrupt the music - so the free one is great (Android version).

If you login (which you don't have to) it will sync your presets between the browser version and all devices with apps. I've also seen a few internet radios with it, so presumably those will sync with the same preset list - maybe I'll replace my aging DAB system... :grin:

Mick - RE Data usage - I use it on 3g a lot and the data meter on my phone (Motorola RAZR) says it has used about 200MB in the last 2 months. So I guess with a 1GB per month allowance it won't be an issue unless you also have lots of other apps running!

Dave

John Duncan

micks_address said:
This is a cool app - just wondering is it very data hungry? If i have a 1gb allowance on 3g.. would it eat into that pretty quickly?

Oh yes. 'Nom nom nom' doesn't cover it.

EDIT: (128 kbps) * 1 hour = 56.25 megabytes. So an hour a day will use more than your allowance in a month.

Richard124

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I already have in my iPad.... And I rate it 5 star

"<a href="""http://soundcloudexperts.com/buy-soundcloud-plays/"">increase" soundcloud plays</a>"

"<a href="""http://soundcloudexperts.com/buy-soundcloud-plays/"">gain" soundcloud plays</a>"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts