Recommended optical/toslink cable

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought a bluray player with no coaxial input, so wanting a nice sounding optical lead. Which is the best sounding coaxial the chord optichord or vanden hul optocoupler Mk II. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steve.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

As above. Don't waste your money on expensive digital cables, you are just paying for the expensive marketing bullsh*t, the product will sound no better than a budget cable.

I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that you need to send sound via your hdmi cable to get the HD surround modes like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master anyway.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the replies thus far. My amp dosent recieve HDMI its an older marantz amp, so optical will have to do.

Has anyone tried those two cables - chord and vanden hul.

Cheers

Steve.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Why do want to waste your money? Do you really think they'll be a difference?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest Ecosse "The Producer". I compared it to the Atlas Mavros, but any difference was so subtle that I would have difficulty telling them apart.

I can't comment on the ones you have mentioned.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stephennic said:
I dont want to get in a cable debate, I know that cables make a difference.

*lol*

So what is the point in spending £80 or so on a cable that will still only give you standard compressed sound, when the biggest audible difference you will hear is when you go from a compressed Dolby/DTS to an uncompressed HD audio?

Why not put that money towards a new AV Receiver?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

http://www.gearfuse.com/nordosts-32825-av-cable/

A

Anderson

OP don't listen to the cable deniers, I personally use these Audioquest cables in my system, best £3000 I've spent. These cables really tightened up the bass, treble got a glass like clarity and the soundstage opened up, I could hear a pin drop, sometimes I could even hear the performers breath between notes. Absolutely amazing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts