recommended FM tuners from ebay

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm idly looking for an FM tuner for our living room, we have a house full of Pure DAB radios, which I'm increasingly listening to in FM, but I'd be tempted to get an FM tuner to hook up to my new amp.

However there are dozens of them on ebay, given that the other ongoing thread is about the best radio ever, a tie between the naim nat 1 and the audiolab 8000T iirc. However the Naim is likely to be 500 plus (this one on ebay has 4 days left http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Naim-Audio-NAT-01-NA-PST-FM-Tuner_W0QQitemZ250301900366QQcmdZViewItem)

What would you recommend, sub 100 pounds as a decent second hand FM tuner, something that can hold Radio 4, radio 3 and XFM say in London. Many of them are selling for 20 pounds or so.

thanks

Gavin 

John Duncan

fatboyslimfast:An old favourite was the Denon 260 - a cracking little tuner...

Yup, get the MK2 model though, if only for the convenience of RDS. I'd let you have mine if it hadn't been a present from my wife, and hifi-related gifts are to be treasured forever (whether they get used or not).

T

the record spot

I picked up a mint 1978 Sansui TU-317 which is a fine tuner. £45 all in and thoroughly enjoy using it for Radio 4 and some Radio Scotland stuff too. There was a site I used (albeit US based), very comprehensive too....might've been fmtunerinfo or similar.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gavin,

I've got a Denon 260 that i'm looking to sell - was just browsing to see what it was worth before i stuck it on Ebay, and came across this thread. Not sure if it's the RDS model - i'll look and see when i get home. Let me know if you are interested - 07841 730167.

Cheers,

Stuart

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:fatboyslimfast:An old favourite was the Denon 260 - a cracking little tuner...

Yup, get the MK2 model though, if only for the convenience of RDS. I'd let you have mine if it hadn't been a present from my wife, and hifi-related gifts are to be treasured forever (whether they get used or not).

I'm really happy with my mark 2 - love the sound

A

Anonymous

I would agree with the recomendation of the Denon 260L. I have a couple of mark one units around the house and both work perfectly despite being second hand and, certainly in the case of one, not having an easy early life. I am not sure whether RDS is really worth the extra cost as the units I have feature plenty of pre-sets, especially when you can have one of these for £15.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DENON-TU-260L-Tuner-FM-AM-RDS_W0QQitemZ330294432898QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Tuners?hash=item330294432898&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Please note, I am not connected to the seller in any way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts