Separate aerial inputs DAB/FM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want a combined FM and DAB radio (preferably 'DAB+ ready'). I need it to be IR controlled. I need separate aerial inputs, because my cable provider offers much more FM stations than the few local ones I can get through an antenna, and because DAB reception is dependent on an outdoor antenna, or at least one positioned closed to a window. Also, I do not want to spend a fortune on a radio, as long as broadcasting quality is poor and there's few programs I find interesting.

Obviously, this is too much to ask for.

There's lots of cheap radios. Some of them has a remote and line out, so I could hook them up to my stereo. But all of them are stuck with a telescope antenna -- meaning I'm limited to a few local FM stations and will have to put the radio by the window to get DAB.

There's quite a few DAB/FM tuners with separate aerial inputs. But where I live, they all cost from around £400 and up, which I find far too much. Second hand DAB tuners seems to be non-existent here, and eBay sellers with tuners for sale don't ship abroad...

There's a TEAC tuner on sale here for a reasonable price -- but it seems like it can only be remote controlled while connected to a TEAC amp.

Do someone know about budget DAB/FM combos with aerial inputs and IR?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Fahnsen:Yes, but I don't live in Britain -- and other places it's actually twice that price...

I had to search the WHF forums just to find out that you lived in Norway. (It is not in your 'bio' and it was not mentioned in the question.)

I could not be expected to know that Denon (in particular) was twice the UK price in any given country, especially when the country you live in is not actually mentioned.

A

Anonymous

chebby:I could not be expected to know that Denon (in particular) was twice the UK price in any given country, especially when the country you live in is not actually mentioned.

Cause not. Should have mentioned it.

A

Anonymous

Not sure where you live Fahnsen - I live in Gibraltar and recently ordered this tuner (excellent btw) and paid around £170 after claiming the VAT back!

You need to shop around as not all dealers will ship hifi goods abroad and I had to pay up-front by transferring the funds to the dealer via electronic banking - but it worked and a couple of weeks later I was enjoying my fab tuner. No DAB broadcasts down here (yet) but the FM performance is very good with a decent aerial.

A

Anonymous

Gibraltar is kind of Britain...

But I've found some dealers that might be willing to ship abroad. The VAT question is still to be solved -- with the big difference in price it's more a question of bureaucracy and convenience than of money...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts