Recommendations please: Closed-back, non shrill-sounding, good bass and comfortable under £200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All! Well, I think you pretty much read it all with the title I'm currently searching for a good closed-back headphones (yes, not open) with good bass, non-fatiguing listening due harshness/brightness and uncomfortable use My budget is up to £200 For starting point, I own Denon AHD1100. Great sounding cans, but somewhat uncomfortable for longer periods due headband Recommendations welcomed! cheers

jcoops16

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Is the reason for switching because of the headband only or do you find the denons harsh and bright aswell?

Because out of the three headphones I have the Denon D2000's are the brightest I have compared to Grado RS2i and AKG K701's. Otherwise the D2000's would be a good choice as their my most comfortable pair.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
jcoops16 said:
Because out of the three headphones I have the Denon D2000's are the brightest I have compared to Grado RS2i and AKG K701's. Otherwise the D2000's would be a good choice as their my most comfortable pair.
:O really, you must hear something different to most people then.

A

Anonymous

Actually just headband issue

I like the sound of my Denon's. :wave:

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
jcoops16 said:
Yeah, that comment surprised me too, I've got the AH-D2000s and bright isn't a word I'd use for them. I bought them because they've got superb bass performance which a lot of other comparably price 'phones seem to lack.

To the OP, I know the 2000s are a little bit over budget (not much >) ) but I think you'd really enjoy them.

jcoops16

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
eggontoast said:
jcoops16 said:
Yeah, that comment surprised me too, I've got the AH-D2000s and bright isn't a word I'd use for them. I bought them because they've got superb bass performance which a lot of other comparably price 'phones seem to lack.

To the OP, I know the 2000s are a little bit over budget (not much >) ) but I think you'd really enjoy them.

No no dont get me wrong im not saying the D2000's are bright. I can see how my comment could confuse, I was just saying that out of the three hifi cans that I own, using the Caiman as a source/amp the denons are the brightest.

Switching to my Bravo tube amp they sound alot better not bright at all, a joy. I dont think the Caiman and D2000's are a good match really, and thats the reason I use them the least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts