Recommendations for relaxing music please!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

So, we're due to have a baby in about 4 weeks time and Clodagh is planning to have a natural / home birth. She already has a few relaxation CDs and a bit of music, but as far as I can tell ( ;) ) this may take a while, so could do with some music to listen to round the house.

So has anyone got any recommendations for relaxing, tranquil albums / tracks? Must be available on spotify please, so I can set up a playlist. Clodagh's a particular fan of electronica and doesn't really like classical. Otherwise, a mixture of genres would probably be good.

If this all goes well, the payoff is a link to the final playlist :)

Look forward to the suggestions,

Many thanks,

Ben

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Oxygen by Jean Michel Jarre.....if that hits the spot, then there's Equinox (don't know if it's on Spotify though)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Maybe Oxygen by Jean Michel Jarre.....if that hits the spot, then there's Equinox (don't know if it's on Spotify though)

Thanks :) I like the stuff I've heard from him and just added these two albums to my Sonos / spotify queue. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Cheers,

Ben

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
visionary said:
Julee Cruise 'Floating into the Night'

Selected tracks from 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' and 'Local Hero' are soothing/soporific too

Thanks, have added julee cruise to queue :)

Sorry, are the other two albums? Who by? Struggling to locate on spotify :oops:

Thanks,

Ben

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
333.jpg

Terre Thaemlitz - Soulnessless

Clocks in at 31 hours +, so hopefully long enough!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Aaron Neville Tatooed Heart

George Benson Breezin' / Weekend in LA

Randy Crawford Secret Combination

Getz/Gilberto

Ismael Lo Iso

Supertramp Slow Motion

Loreena McMcKennit An ancient muse

Santana Brothers Santana Brothers

You can pick the bones out of that eclectic mix!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Aaron Neville Tatooed Heart

George Benson Breezin' / Weekend in LA

Randy Crawford Secret Combination

Getz/Gilberto

Ismael Lo Iso

Supertramp Slow Motion

Loreena McMcKennit An ancient muse

Santana Brothers Santana Brothers

You can pick the bones out of that eclectic mix!

:grin: Bear in mind Cno the next 4 weeks are not going to be spent solely listening to music to compile this playlist ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
:grin: Bear in mind Cno the next 4 weeks are not going to be spent solely listening to music to compile this playlist ;)

...but you need to bear in mind, that a first labour may need 24 hours worth of music! :p

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:

...but you need to bear in mind, that a first labour may need 24 hours worth of music! :p

I'm really not sure what the right emoticon is to respond to that ;)

Maybe this one: :pray:

Tho at the end of it obviously this: :cheer:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You're approaching the issue from the wrong side Ben. Get something aggressive and pacey on and that baby'll be out in moments. Try some early Slayer. :)

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
visionary said:
Julee Cruise 'Floating into the Night'

Selected tracks from 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' and 'Local Hero' are soothing/soporific too

Thanks, have added julee cruise to queue :)

Sorry, are the other two albums? Who by? Struggling to locate on spotify :oops:

Thanks,

Ben

Sorry, they are film soundtracks, artists involved include Neil Diamond and Mark Knopfler

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Silk road2 is one of my favourites,but then there are so many to be honest....one of his albums(Tenku) starts wi a lil baby crying... :grin:

He uses a vast aray of percusion,from eastern to western....some incredible symphs....and lots of nature sounds,worht a listen:)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry,this was meant to qoute Benlaw....

Anyways....Silk road2 is one of my favourite kitaro albums,but then there are so many to be honest....one of his albums(Tenku) starts wi a lil baby crying... :grin:

He uses a vast aray of percusion,from eastern to western....some incredible symphs....and lots of nature sounds,worht a listen:)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris said:
You're approaching the issue from the wrong side Ben. Get something aggressive and pacey on and that baby'll be out in moments. Try some early Slayer. :)

:grin: I might put this on a backup list for if it all seems to be taking too long :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts