Recommendations for PC Speakers

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought a pair of these a few months ago and they are fantastic for the money and sound very very good with full deep bass and a very pleasing and musical sound quality .

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Creative-GigaWorks-T20-2-0-Speakers_Peripheral_review

They are solid, heavy and well built and look very classy in the flesh .

They are not totally accurate but the make music from spotify sound very good and I am quite happy to listen to them for extended periods of time without feeling I am missing anything .

So I highly recommend then :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
I bought a pair of these a few months ago and they are fantastic for the money and sound very very good with full deep bass and a very pleasing and musical sound quality .

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Creative-GigaWorks-T20-2-0-Speakers_Peripheral_review

They are not totally accurate but the make music from spotify sound very good and I am quite happy to listen to them for extended periods of time without feeling I am missing anything .

Look rather nice for the money.

If your budget is a little higher, for £118.00 I suggest these....

http://www.studiospares.com/studio-monitors/studiospares-sn4a-pair/invt/248050

I bought a pair for a desktop system, that due to circumstances, are being used as a main system. I support them on Audio Engine DS1 stands, on a low TV table, and the results are very decent, incredibly so for the money.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Electro said:

Look rather nice for the money.

If your budget is a little higher, for £118.00 I suggest these....

http://www.studiospares.com/studio-monitors/studiospares-sn4a-pair/invt/248050

I bought a pair for a desktop system, that due to circumstances, are being used as a main system. I support them on Audio Engine DS1 stands, on a low TV table, and the results are very decent, incredibly so for the money.

Dave - if I connected them to my computer (desktop) and placed them 70cm apart either side of my screen on the desk and 70cm from my ears - would that be ok? and is the volume control easy to get at?

Or would they be better placed on wall brackets where I could get them higher (at ear height), wider (about 100cm) and 100cm from my ears? And then how would I adjust the sound. Just wondering how easy they would be to use, in place of a very old pair of computer speakers that are easy to adjust due to the volume knob being in front of them (like Creative T20's).

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Johnathan

These are real speakers with a musical capability far beyond the usual computer speakers or much else at the price for that matter.

They are small enough to use on a desktop though best 'decoupled' from the surface, I use Audio Engine DS1s, little more than rubber 'wedges' to lift the speakers and tilt them up slightly, they work fine. However they are capable of more, a decent pair of stands in a 'normal' stereo setup and they sound remarkable for the money. However, the bass unit is only 4 inch so no deep bass and being active they are balanced to sound fast and tight, if you like a bit of added 'warmth' they may not be for you.

The level controls are on the rear, I preset mine so that the volume is as loud as I ever play with the software player at maximum, turning the player volume down a little for background listening. I am sitting about 15ft from mine as I type this, Ornette Coleman, live in New York 1962.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Johnathan

These are real speakers with a musical capability far beyond the usual computer speakers or much else at the price for that matter.

They are small enough to use on a desktop though best 'decoupled' from the surface, I use Audio Engine DS1s, little more than rubber 'wedges' to lift the speakers and tilt them up slightly, they work fine. However they are capable of more, a decent pair of stands in a 'normal' stereo setup and they sound remarkable for the money. However, the bass unit is only 4 inch so no deep bass and being active they are balanced to sound fast and tight, if you like a bit of added 'warmth' they may not be for you.

The level controls are on the rear, I preset mine so that the volume is as loud as I ever play with the software player at maximum, turning the player volume down a little for background listening. I am sitting about 15ft from mine as I type this, Ornette Coleman, live in New York 1962.

Hi Dave - my computer room is 1.7m x 2m, very cosy with a compact 80 x 80cm desk. My current computer speakers are 13 years old (plus sub). Current speakers are ok, but I fancy trying a pair of actives. I do spend quite a lot of time in the little room (wife says too much) and I am lookng to get Spotify Premium soon, and as I have no tablet or laptop, I envisage me searching through spotify playing music, and it would be nice if it sounded good (certainly better than my present comp. spkrs). I could always get something like the Creative T20's but unless they would be overkill - I fancy trying a pair of actives to see what all the fuss is about :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
Johnathan

Hi Dave - my computer room is 1.7m x 2m, very cosy with a compact 80 x 80cm desk. My current computer speakers are 13 years old (plus sub). Current speakers are ok, but I fancy trying a pair of actives. I do spend quite a lot of time in the little room (wife says too much) and I am lookng to get Spotify Premium soon, and as I have no tablet or laptop, I envisage me searching through spotify playing music, and it would be nice if it sounded good (certainly better than my present comp. spkrs). I could always get something like the Creative T20's but unless they would be overkill - I fancy trying a pair of actives to see what all the fuss is about :)

Take a look at the link I posted and once there look at some of the other offerings. You can pay pretty much whatever you want for desktop monitors, going up mrom the baby Seiwins, you can look at the Fostex 0.4, the Adam A3x and the slightly larger Equator D5.

All good speakers and should be suitable for your space, If you are just checking things out the SN4s as originally recomended are cheap enough. I use mine with a Fiio D3 dac, and have tried various mounting options. They sound very good on a desktop where the lack of deep bass is an advantage.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
jonathanRD said:
davedotco said:
Johnathan

Take a look at the link I posted and once there look at some of the other offerings. You can pay pretty much whatever you want for desktop monitors, going up mrom the baby Seiwins, you can look at the Fostex 0.4, the Adam A3x and the slightly larger Equator D5.

All good speakers and should be suitable for your space, If you are just checking things out the SN4s as originally recomended are cheap enough. I use mine with a Fiio D3 dac, and have tried various mounting options. They sound very good on a desktop where the lack of deep bass is an advantage.

Ok - thanks I will have a proper look around that site,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts