Recommendations for floor standing speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a 25 year old Linn LP12 fronted system (which has just been serviced & upgraded) combined with a Naim 32/160 combination and a NAD C545BEE CD player. I presently have some Mission bookshelf type speakers positioned on speaker-stands, but fancy upgrading to floor standing ones. The B&W 684 get great reviews I see. Should I buy or try something else??

Ok...I guess the TYPE of music I listen to would help! I like a pretty diverse range of music from Pat Metheny, Steely Dan, Jazz in general, more modern material from Rufus Wainwright, Fleet Foxes, Janelle Monae & my fav band Prefab Sprout..

Does that help!! Thanks

I like a detailed sound but with a little punch, not TOO bright though

T

the record spot

Maybe if the OP would say what kind of sound he likes to hear; although you're right, not one mention of PMC or ATC a day on...!

A

Anonymous

Ok, i,m waiting on plaster drying on a wall before i can polish it, so i,ll be the first. Just because i have a pair and obviously i think they are great, i,ll recommend the Spendor A6. There you go, now for everybody to disagree. John

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The OP must be humbled by the helpful and friendly nature of us
emotion-2.gif

In absence of any useful information on likes/dislikes I add the Kudos X2. Why? I haven't heard or seen them but they fared extremely well in last months speaker shoot-out in another publication plus they are rarely mentioned here. That they were the cheapest pair was even more impressive. The afromentioned Spendor was also included.

I also believe that sometimes simple is best. So whilst I can't personally recommend them, they certainly come highly recommended by people that know.

A

Anonymous

I love Focal so I will have to suggest them.

Do you want a warm / nuetral or bright sound? And what sort of music do you listen to for the most part?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts