Recommend me one track - The winner will be downloaded by me from itunes and will be heard through my little dot MKIII valve amp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry can't limit it to 1, there's too much good music out there!

Laura Veirs, July flame

Ben Howard, keep your head up

Melody Gardot, deep within the corners of my mind

Kings of Convenience, I don't know what I can do to save you

3 Doors down, Landing in London

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
James Taylor - Gaia

Honestly there is nothing like it, starts off mellow, great vocals and some of the best drums I've ever heard about two thirds through.

I first heard this track at the dealer where I bough my valve pre, he uses it as a refernce track and I can see why. You'll want to re-wind those drums, trust me. It's a good one loud.

michael hoy

Eva Cassidy - Live at the Blues alley - 7-Tall Trees In Georgia.

Liane Carroll - UP and Down - 02-What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life.

Norah Jones - Come Away with Me - 05-Come Away With Me.

John Campbell - Howlin Mercy - Down in the Hole

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
How are you going to judge 'the winner'?
I can only listen short clips of each song from iTunes so it must grab me for very little time - I know it's not the best way yo evaluate a song but it's what I have at my disposal.

a) I'm going to purely judge it on how it sounds and whether it hits the emotion that will make me smile from ear to ear like the joker :) Keep them coming...so many to go through. I will only choose one winner!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Impossible to recommend just one track, so here's a few

Glen Campbell - Witchita Lineman

Jackie Mittoo - Juice Box

Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill

Johnny Otis Show - Watts Breakaway

Fleet Foxes - Mykonos

Flaming Lips - Do You Realize

Flaming Lips - Fight Test

Ruts - Savage Circle

Talk Talk - Got To Give It Up

Miles Davis - Solea

Spiritualized - Cop Shoot Cop

Spiritualized - Broken Heart

Spiritualized - Electricity

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
BenLaw said:
I can only listen short clips of each song from iTunes so it must grab me for very little time - I know it's not the best way yo evaluate a song but it's what I have at my disposal.

a) I'm going to purely judge it on how it sounds and whether it hits the emotion that will make me smile from ear to ear like the joker :) Keep them coming...so many to go through. I will only choose one winner!

Sorry to tell you folks, I've already won, as my first suggestion was already picked and downloaded! :shifty:

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
gbhsi1 said:
BenLaw said:

Sorry to tell you folks, I've already won, as my first suggestion was already picked and downloaded! :shifty:
not correct, the take five was already downloaded before I even started the post..it's a fantastic track though.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
not correct, the take five was already downloaded before I even started the post..it's a fantastic track though.

Worth chancing my arm, as you just never know what you'll get away with if you're cheeky enough! >)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CnoEvil said:
gbhsi1 said:

Worth chancing my arm, as you just never know what you'll get away with if you're cheeky enough! >)

After all who the "bandit" is...? ;)

I've never denied it, though I prefer "Irish Rogue" :grin:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

And more.....

Brian Auger/Julie Driscoll - Indian Rope Man

Jimmy Smith - Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Brian Auger - Black Cat

Jimmy McGriff - All About My Girl

Brother Jack McDuff - Butter (For Yo Popcorn)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts