Recommend an amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All.

Any recommendations on amp. to drive my MA BR2 with budget of not more than £200?

Cambridge Audio 340A SE any good for the job?

Also what speaker cables?

I like masses of bass even at lower volumes and this is what these speakers giving me currently with Onkyo 605 model in stereo mode of course,or may be I should not bother with dedicated stereo set up

I'm very limited as to audition anything,it's very poor in the Republic with that, I mean the shops who sell this type of electronics for realistic price. And Rotel RA-04 is not available to buy on line

Appreciate any suggestion

A

Anonymous

You should go with a dedicated stereo amp as this will improve your sound for stereo music no end. I have got the rotel ra-04 and it is a great amp. I have listened to it with the br2 speakers and they are a great match imo. If you wanted a rotel you should contact a dealer who sells them and ask if they would ship it out to you. Ideally you should try to demo the amp and speakers together to make sure you like the sound they give you. or you could try ebay, I got mine from there and have had no problems. What source e.g cd player are you going to use?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply mate

Currently using Pana BD-30 for CDs but plan to get a dedicated CD palyer at a later stage provided I keep my job.

Don't know yet which CD player

I'm new to separates

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Get the Rotel RA-04 if you can. It works very well with the BR2 speakers.

I had the RA-04 for two years now and I still LOVE the amp. Tremendous value for money.

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
If you are going down the ebay route, there are a lot of good amps out there under your budget. I picked up my marantz for £99 and it is a most impressive beast. Think it would probably sound good with monitor audio kit.ÿ

A

Anonymous

The NAD C352 works excellently with the BR2's also, bags of weight, clout and slam and a very warm detailed midrange works great for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts