Question Recomended speakers for home-office desktop with computer?

eys

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi all!
I'm looking to upgrade from headphones to actual speakers in my home-office.
I'd like the speakers to fit around a 1 meter wide monitor, on a 80cm deep desk that is facing the wall.

I've put together a little list of potential speakers, but I'm not certain about any of them.
  • Q Acoustics M20 HD
  • KEF LSX 1
  • Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2
  • Audioengine A2+
The KEFs seem the most promising, they are also the most expensive after all. My main issue with LSX 1 is lack of usb in for sound, I'd like to view the speakers as a separate source in the menu on my computer. But I'm not sure if that's a valid concern?

My music is oriented towards electronic, both quiet and loud, and hip hop, so with the smaller of the speakers I might look at a subwoofer at some point down the road.

I'm also wondering how it works with any of those speakers with backports for the bass, as I'm pretty much forced to have them fairly close to the wall.

abacus

Have a look it pro music stores rather than Hi-Fi stores as there are many dedicated active speakers available.
I would also look at a pro audio interface for your computer as it will be better suited to your requirements. (They also come with various software to allow you to set it up exactly as you want)
If the speakers are being mounted on the disk, then isolation stands (Or at least isolation pads) should be used.

Bill

eys

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I've thought a little bit about monitors instead of regular speakers, but I have no experience with them. Do you have any recommendations?
I'm picky about looks as well, they'll be in front of me all day.

By the way, an external audio interface and stands are things I'll keep in mind :)

gasolin

Eve audio or the super compact krk's

eys

Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Thank you all. I ended up with second hand KEF LSX 1 that I got for 500€.

But I can't get the wifi working on them, so at the moment they are playing through the regular mini-jack cable from my laptop. And I need some proper stands.

Bamboo workdesk with widescreen monitor, mechanical keyboard, and 2 speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts