Recently ordered soon to be replaced Naim XS- what to do?

Tariqv

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I had ordered a naim nait xs from a Naim dealer in Dubai back in May and arrived at the dealer last week; however as you know today Naim announced that it has updated the XS. The amp is still at the dealer and I had already paid half the price in advance. As you would imagine I feel shortchanged and feel that the dealer did an unethical thing not informing me about it.

Please provide your kind advice as to what I should do as I seriously do not want the old model as there is an improved model now available.

Thanks in advance.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
There is always a chance - with any brand - that a new model can be announced at any time. The dealer probably didn't know about it when you placed the order back in May.

You don't know if the new range will be an improvement or not. (You might be buying the better version.)

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
mitch65 said:
Have you asked you dealer if this is the updated version?

It won't be – when I was down at the factory yesterday they weren't planning to start shipping the new models until mid-July.

Can't really blame the dealer, he can only order what's available. Can't really blame Naim, they can only build what's current.

matthewpiano

It is one of those situations where you are in the hands of the dealer. Strictly speaking you have entered into a contract to purchase the unit you ordered. However, you may find your dealer amenable to allowing you to wait for the new model.

One thing I would say is that just being the 'old' model doesn't suddenly render it less good, and you may find that the dealer is willing to offer a small discount to encourage you to take the one he has already got in for you.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What is their refund policy? I remeber my mum saying she bought some things in December and went back to the shop and asked for the difference back now the item was on January sale! I was quite shocked she was so blantant and they gave her the money. I'd at least get a refund and re-buy it with a different cashier but I suppose it is just the same thing.

Tariqv said:
I had ordered a naim nait xs from a Naim dealer in Dubai back in May and arrived at the dealer last week; however as you know today Naim announced that it has updated the XS. The amp is still at the dealer and I had already paid half the price in advance. As you would imagine I feel shortchanged and feel that the dealer did an unethical thing not informing me about it.

Please provide your kind advice as to what I should do as I seriously do not want the old model as there is an improved model now available.

Thanks in advance.

IMO there's no issue at all. Neither the dealer or Naim can be blamed if the new model isn't going to be available until mid-July.

Chances are the difference between the two, unless the new model is vastly more expensive, there'll only be subtle at best. Go-ahead with your current XS and enjoy the music.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
Did you get to hear them Andrew?

Yes, but in less than ideal conditions, due to quite a high noise floor in the room
smiley-wink.gif
, and in some case with a less than ideal source brought by one of the visitors, so far too early to make any judgements. Review samples apparently to be avalable relatively soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts