Receiver with component - to - hdmi

lordsquirrel

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I was looking at the yamaha receivers but read that they can only output the component inputs to component output, they won't convert and output it on the hdmi.

Are there receivers that will do this? I would like to have just a single cable from receiver to TV, but need to connect the wii which uses a component cable.

abacus

Unless it is a very old or very basic receiver it should convert both composite and component to HDMI, however you may have to activate it in one of the menus. (Been a few years since I have come across one that couldn't convert)

Bill

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
@Lhc - I stand corrected. A senior moment my only excuse.

No problem, I only mentioned it because it is actually possible to find those sort of cables on the internet, they are a total con though, so I wanted to make people aware of that.

lordsquirrel

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I was looking at the RXV377, -477, -677 models. A review for one of them mentioned this limitation, it could well have been the lowest model, and i may have mistakenly assumed that it appled to the whole range, but it's not something you can tell just by looking at specs.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Look for the term "upconversion" or "upconvert" in the receiver specs - this usually refers to upconversion of older analogue signals (like composite and component) to HDMI. It seems to be dying out a bit, as fewer and fewer people need it, since almost everything you buy has come with an HDMI output for several years now (my new Pioneer receiver doesn't have it for instance, whereas it was standard for a while on anything but very budget amps).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts