Receiver for a pair of dynaudio DM 2/6?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to pick up a pair of dynaudio DM 2/6.

Basically i'm looking for an AV receiver that is going to best work with the speakers in 2.0 setup, possibly one day i will add sub, centre etc.

Price point for receiver is flexible - i can find specials, demo units, discounted gear if its out there.

I'm not interested in 3D or network features.

I've been reasearching as best i can with my limited knowledge of hifi.

The possibly receivers have been recommened to me:

- Harman Kardon 360 Can get for $980 AUS from the store that sells the dyn's. They feel as if this is the best receiver for my needs at around the $1000 AUS price range.

- Cambridge Audio Azur 650R I can get one from which is a importing company. They have a couple of these units that have damaged packaging possibly due to boxes being dropped for $1190 All the units have been tested and deemed fine hence the warranty. 1 Year Australian warranty.

- Marantz SR6005 They are selling at my local hifi store for $1190 AUS

- Denon AVR-2311 They are selling at my local hifi store for $1199 AUS

I will use the setup for mainly watching blue rays and dvd's but i will also listen to music regulary.

I want to use HDMI cables mainly in my setup unless there is great benifit in using something else.

Any words of wisdom would be apprecaited.

Matt

teddyjoe said:
I'm looking to pick up a pair of dynaudio DM 2/6.

Basically i'm looking for an AV receiver that is going to best work with the speakers in 2.0 setup, possibly one day i will add sub, centre etc.

Price point for receiver is flexible - i can find specials, demo units, discounted gear if its out there.

I'm not interested in 3D or network features.

I've been reasearching as best i can with my limited knowledge of hifi.

The possibly receivers have been recommened to me:

- Harman Kardon 360 Can get for $980 AUS from the store that sells the dyn's. They feel as if this is the best receiver for my needs at around the $1000 AUS price range.

- Cambridge Audio Azur 650R I can get one from which is a importing company. They have a couple of these units that have damaged packaging possibly due to boxes being dropped for $1190 All the units have been tested and deemed fine hence the warranty. 1 Year Australian warranty.

- Marantz SR6005 They are selling at my local hifi store for $1190 AUS

- Denon AVR-2311 They are selling at my local hifi store for $1199 AUS

I will use the setup for mainly watching blue rays and dvd's but i will also listen to music regulary.

I want to use HDMI cables mainly in my setup unless there is great benifit in using something else.

Any words of wisdom would be apprecaited.

Matt

Hi Matt

Have you listened to the DM 2/6's?

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system listen to?

Your source component/s are?

The display is?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

Listening distance?

Will you stand, shelf or wall mount the DM 2/6's?

Any specific power requirements?

The interconnects and speaker cables?

Apart from HDMI connectivity are there any other features you would like the AV receiver to have?

What kind of presentation are you looking from the amp and the system as a whole to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Have you listened to the DM 2/6's?

yes - have had 2 demo's in a demo room at local hifi store. Am aware it will sound different in my rental.

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system listen to?

A bit of everythin - country, jazz, pop - rock, classical, no heavy metal.

Your source component/s are?

Nothing as of yet all i have is the display. Looking at getting a Oppo 93 or Cambridge 650R so i can have an all in one for blueray and cd playback.

The display is?

Panasonic Plasma (TX-P42V20)

The size of your room?

Open living area. With 3 little rooms kinda running off of each other.

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

It is a fairly 'bright' room lightly furnished with a few glass windows.

Listening distance?

3m whilst watching TV

Will you stand, shelf or wall mount the DM 2/6's?

I'll sit them on some thick rubber or felt on the TV unit left and right of display.

Any specific power requirements?

Something that will hanlde 6 ohm speakers at reasonable volume levels (not looking to shake walls)

The interconnects and speaker cables?

Local hifi stores reccomended me some thick blue speaker cables... lol i'm new to this okay.

Apart from HDMI connectivity are there any other features you would like the AV receiver to have?

Not fussed about 3D, multi zone, network etc. Just want something that i can switch between watching bluerays, listen to CD's and mp3 of ipod etc. Upscaling would be nice but mainly reasonable quaility sound for movies and music.

What kind of presentation are you looking from the amp and the system as a whole to reproduce?

Whislt listening to music i understand that some systems will make music sound nice a friendly, suger coat the sound so no matter how bad the recording it sounds okay. I know people spend tens of thousands of dollars to try and acheive the most accurate reproduction of their cd collection - this is not me - i'm new to the audio world and i simply want to steer clear of the cheap and nasty and get something that will last a good while with entry level reference sound quality and durability.

Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply.

The two makes of AV receivers which i feel you should also consider are Yamaha and Pioneer as i have had excellent results with using their amplifiers with DM 2/6's with movie and music soundtracks :) Yamaha's RX-V2067 or RX-V3067 and Pioneer's LX53 or LX73 are the ones to look at. Try and have a listen to both makes with the DM 2/6 speakers to see which you prefer the presentation of and how they compare to the other makes which you've listed.

If possible try and stand mount the speakers and also try putting small amounts of Blu-Tack on all four corners on the base of the speakers cabinet. This will help the speakers stable and therefore lead to better performance.

As for speaker cables standard 79, 300 or 500 strand OFC types are the ones to look at as these will be more then good enough for your components/system.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts