Which receiver would pair the best

abricru

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for allowing me to join your community.

I'm a vintage lady who has inherited a great collection of vintage audio equipment. I'm hoping members might give me any insights, advice, or opinions on some of this hifi equipment.

My first task is deciding which receiver would pair best with a beautiful pair of Infinity Crescendo 3007 speakers. From what I have read, they require a lot of power.

Here are my choices:

Sony STR AV320
Technics SA GX100
Yamaha R S202 (fairly new)
Outlaw RR2150
Nakamichi SR-4
Nakamichi SR-3A
NAD 3020B
JVC AX-S331BK
Onkyo R1 TX910

Any opinions welcome. If there are any that can be eliminated, that would be a big help too.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Outlaw just because I think it is the most powerful, and it looks cool :)

Thanks for any help.

I’d love to help but don’t know those products particularly well, especially the all important speakers. Of course a number are ‘vintage’ as you say, so actual performance today may be adrift from the original intention.

Although we have international contributions, we are UK based, but I’m guessing you’re from the USA?

Welcome from across the pond!

Reactions: abricru

abricru

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
I like the sound of NAD you have - it's a classic (perhaps the best NAD ever - some say).
I really like the NAD, too. It's small and simple, but it sounds way bigger than it looks. I wish there was a way I could compare the sounds of the receivers head to head without having to disconnect and reconnect everything.

I really like the NAD, too. It's small and simple, but it sounds way bigger than it looks. I wish there was a way I could compare the sounds of the receivers head to head without having to disconnect and reconnect everything.
Many moons ago, some Hifi shops used switching boxes to do just that. But believe me when I say they caused many other issues and it fell out of fashion. To be honest, if you can’t tell any difference after the few minutes it takes to swop, then it’s not really worth worrying about.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts