Reassurance please on SONYw2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just ordered the Sony W2000 online at digital direct for £998. It seems like a snip to me but is it a bit 'last year' or have i had a good tv for a decent price.Got HD in another room which i'm planning to swap with my SKY+ box in the main room (can i do this as a straight changeover?). Finally the most important question,how does it cope with sky sports HD material? You're opinion would be much appreciated either way as i have to wait at least another week.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Seems like a very reasonable buy to me. Didn't stop being a good set overnight, and looks very fine with HD sports. Yes, the Sky boxes should be a straight swap, assuming you're not changing over the viewing cards between the two. It'll just take a few minutes for the boxes to reinitialise once they're reconnected.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replying. Probably gonna get a ps3 at christmas because im quite a keen gamer but as a family we rarely watch dvds.Will i get away with the blu-ray facility of the ps3 as the main movie player in the house as we would only really watch highly popular/acclaimed films.

A

Anonymous

Yeah the ps3 does a great job for blu ray and even upscales your DVD collection also (although its not multi region capable...yet)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've got Sky HD, it's also worth checking out the HD movies on Sky Box Office (if not a full movie subscription, if you don't watch too many movies) - the sound and vision quality on many is outstanding.

I'd wager they'd look better than DVDs via the PS3, even with upscaling.... if you don't mind waiting a while after the DVD release to watch those blockbuster movies.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again. I have got the full package with sky so would happily wait for films to come onto their hd channels. My hd box is currently in a spare room with a 27"Tosh but i only really watch sport in there as the hd is slightly wasted on this set. Didn't realise the ps3 would play dvd as well as blu-ray. Finally can you recommend a home cinema system under £300.

A

Anonymous

The Samsung package is a cracker for that sort of money !

I believe there is an improved version available soon that does 1080P

A

Anonymous

Thanks both. TV coming soon but have only just realised the need for calibration. Saw about certain dvds giving setting help, how can i identify a dvd that does this?

A

Anonymous

Do google searches for spyder2 by colorvision or DVE (digital video essentials).

Have just bought the spyder2 myself as I have heard the DVE can be difficult to follow.

Spyder2 has a scanner which you place over the screen and run software from your laptop or pc to test and calibrate the image

A

Anonymous

Thanks buddy. Will do. Have you used it yet? Please let me know the results.

A

Anonymous

Not yet - probbly be the weekend before I have a chance to whip it out!

A

Anonymous

What is a video card(1024x768) that Spyder ask as a requirement?>

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts