Question Reasonably priced DAB Radio with rechargeable battery?

I'm looking to get a DAB radio for my father in law. Needs to be a bit portable but at the same time have good sound. Also, rechargeable feature will be a bonus. I had ordered Roberts Play10 but the sound quality is disappointing. Any suggestions?

Also, would internet radio be of additional benefit for him (he's 81)?

jjbomber

Not sure what reasonably priced is to a pair of doctors on £250,000, but I'd go for this Sony. It has a nice screen with bigger writing, for 81-year old eyes.

Will an 81-year old start listening to internet radio? Doubt it, but you never know.

Reactions: chebby and bigboss

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what reasonably priced is to a pair of doctors on £250,000, but I'd go for this Sony. It has a nice screen with bigger writing, for 81-year old eyes.

Will an 81-year old start listening to internet radio? Doubt it, but you never know.

Sony haven’t lost the knack of making small radios that you want even if you don’t need it! I used to have a little Sony World Band radio that looked like this.

Reactions: Al ears

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
I'm looking to get a DAB radio for my father in law. Needs to be a bit portable but at the same time have good sound. Also, rechargeable feature will be a bonus. I had ordered Roberts Play10 but the sound quality is disappointing. Any suggestions?

Also, would internet radio be of additional benefit for him (he's 81)?
Probably I am now too late to the party but Pure make radios with rechargeable batteries and they sound good. I run a Classic One which I managed to upgrade to DAB+ and my sister in law had an Evoke 3. Both models ate more than 10 years old and still going strong.

D

Deleted member 196519

Probably I am now too late to the party but Pure make radios with rechargeable batteries and they sound good. I run a Classic One which I managed to upgrade to DAB+ and my sister in law had an Evoke 3. Both models ate more than 10 years old and still going strong.
An Evoke going for more than 10 years - miracles do happen then! :)

Thanks. I eventually went for Pure Elan Connect+ which is very good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts