Hifi with BBC Listen Again

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I'm having some trouble finding what I want and I'm sure it can't be such a big ask.

I use BBC Listen Again fairly regularly and I am tired of having to switch the laptop on and listen to it via the laptop speakers.

I have a reasonable amount of music either bought from iTunes or ripped to my iTunes library from my CD collection - this is all stored on an external NAS device physically connected to my broadband router via a Powerline ethernet network adaptor.

I also have a fair number of CDs and like to listen to 'live' radio.

I don't want to switch the PC or laptop on when I want to listen to music stored on my NAS when I can just turn the braodband and NAS on instead.

Is there a product out there, a midi type hi-fi unit, small, well priced and easy to use that does the following:

1. Plays CDs

2. Has an analgue or preferrably DAB tuner

3. Has an ethernet port for connection to the network via a Powerline network adaptor (I don't want to use wi-fi)

4. Will be able to locate and navigate my iTunes library on the NAS and then play the music (I don't want to use an iPod or iPhone as the music medium)

5. Does not require me to switch my PC or laptop on to play music stored on my NAS or to use the BBC listen again by streaming it from computer to hifi

6. Can access and play Listen Again features directly from the hifi over the Powerline ethernet connection to the broadband router and out to the internet.

I like the size of the Sony CMTMX750NI but the reviews of the listen again feature put me off, which is disappointing for Sony.

Any thoughts appreciated and please note, I DO NOT WANT TO USE WI-FI SO IT MUST HAVE A DNLA ETHERNET CONNECTION.

Thanks very much,

Wellscrambed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts