Help with choosing internet/DAB radio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all need some advice

I want to buy an internet radio with DAB and would like so advice from people who have used these radios as to which one is the best.

ROBERTS COLOURSTREAM (not sure i like the screen looks like it wouldnt work after a few years)

ROBERTS STREAM 201

ROBERTS STREAM 63I

REVO AXIS XS

PURE EVOKE FLOW (with the extra speaker)

First off i want to be able to listen to podcasts and not just bbc, do all internet radios allow you to do this? (stupid question sorry)

I also want it to have the best sound possible for a radio, at the most it would be good if i could play music through an MP3 player at a house party and have good sound (a quieter house party, im too old for banging tunes)

If anyone else has any other suggestions for radios that would be great.

cheers

A

Anonymous

Have you considered using a Google Nexus 7 of Kindle Fire for internet radio, you could connect it to your Hi-Fi. It would be more versatile than an Internet radio and do a similar job, but it wouldn't have FM or DAB.

D

Deleted member 2457

hodgeheg said:
Hello all need some advice

I want to buy an internet radio with DAB and would like so advice from people who have used these radios as to which one is the best.

ROBERTS COLOURSTREAM (not sure i like the screen looks like it wouldnt work after a few years)

ROBERTS STREAM 201

ROBERTS STREAM 63I

REVO AXIS XS

PURE EVOKE FLOW (with the extra speaker)

First off i want to be able to listen to podcasts and not just bbc, do all internet radios allow you to do this? (stupid question sorry)

I also want it to have the best sound possible for a radio, at the most it would be good if i could play music through an MP3 player at a house party and have good sound (a quieter house party, im too old for banging tunes)

If anyone else has any other suggestions for radios that would be great.

cheers

I would stick clear of anything Pure, that's for sure! I have two Roberts DAB radios - quality brand!

A

Anonymous

I have a Pure bedside DAB which isnt bad i also have a Roberts solar dab which is OK too.

Just to give some perspective my Roberts solardab sounds quite good to me and that is only a 1 watt speaker but obviously not good enough for a house party or something like that. So i assume the ROBERTS STREAM 63I would sound considerably better that the solar dab.

I dont have a HIFI so i kind of want this radio to do everything but im not expecting miracles, its main job will be a kitchen radio but might be called into action for other things every now and again.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I have had a Stream 63i for just over a year, it does everything, very happy it streams from NAS (including iTunes Lossless library which it transcodes with the DS Audio app from Synology) Wish the Roberts app worked it, but I have asked them so many times they no longer reply.

Everyone who hears it is suprised by the depth of sound, can't understand for the life of me why its never been reviewed, truly excellent alrounder.

Go for it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts