Rear surround sound plays through front speakers - SPDIF out passthrough connection via Audigy to Yamaha RX-V377

mossi

Jul 24, 2020
Visit site
I've connected an optical SPDIF cable from Soundblaster Audigy to the optical port of the Yamaha RX-V377 receiver. I've setup the audio settings or so I think correctly in Potplayer to play 5.1 sound and I downloaded a test 5.1 AAC mp4 file. I get correct sound from front left, right and centre but when it comes to the rear surrounds it doesn't play the sound through the rears but through the fronts instead.. what am I doing wrong? Or does anyone know exactly how to configure this in potplayer or Windows 10?

I setup potplayer like so:

But I don't know if I'm doing it right.

mossi

Jul 24, 2020
Visit site
I connected via HDMI just to test it and I get the exact same.. I tried to configure via Windows directly to produce 5.1 sound, not messing with Potplayer or anything. So this is HDMI from PC to AVR, HDMI from AVR via ARC to TV. I used HDMI 4, I select HDMI 4 and then I go to Windows - Sounds and I try to configure the speakers to 5.1 and it keeps playing all other channels through the 2 front speakers.. all speakers have been tested and working fine on their own so it's not the speakers..

I did a factory reset to the amp, bought it 2nd hand, should have done it ages ago and it worked via HDMI it plays 5.1 sound ok but I lost HDR as this model doesn't support HDR so I guess I'll need to look for something with HDR. I'll try without HDMI later just out of curiosity

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts