RCA phono to 3.5mm plug cable suggestions

trott3r

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am connecting my sony mzrh1 to my creek obh8 phono stage to record lps to HiMD (PCM).

The turntable is a project perspective with a goldring 1022 cartridge.

I would like peoples suggestions on a suitable cable which i expect would be £40 or less

but other suggestions will be considerered. On searching the reviews on this site i have

only come across the qed profile for £15 for a 2 metre cable.

Currently i am just using a £5 no name cable to do the job.

thanks for your time

Martin N

I'm looking for similar, and as you've had no other replies I thought I might mention Custom Hi-Fi Cables Ltd. No experience of them as yet, but an impressive range on their website, and a 30 day money-back guarantee.

They are also quite local to me (as it happens) which is reassuring if you ever need to visit.

If the link works, this cable is around 40GBP, but there is a cheaper range too (Grey). I'm looking for in-car use in this config, and maybe some regular RCAs to replace some ageing secondary connections (old Yamaha cassette deck), and mains blocks.

http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/home/audio-interconnects/the-green-range/green-rca-jack-jack-rca

Might be worth a punt!

trott3r

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but i was hoping for a cable which i can look at a review of before

deciding.

I guess i will have to just wait until a hifi mag reviews some budget cables :(

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I use an Atlas phono-to-minjack cable. It's 1.5m long and cost me £12.50 off eBay (Just checked and there doesn't appear to be any on there at the moment).

No complaints here. It doesn't get a whole lot of use, but I do occasionally run my Pure Evoke DAB radio and my HTC Desire though it.

trott3r

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Atlas suggestion but I am a bit reluctant to buy cables off ebay

as i expect it would be pretty easy to produce fake ones.

Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts