RCA Cable recommendations - Chord?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm wanting to buy a semi-budjet RCA Cable to go from my Naim CD5x to my Rega Ear Headphone amp. I don't want a Naim Din cable as I'd have to unplug it all the time, if I have RCA cables I can leave it in there.

I hear Chord is good with naim? I've used teh Chord Crimson in the past but want something better?

Are the more expensive Chord cables good as well? I've seen a good price on WireWorld Cables though i don't think they go well with Naim?

Thanks a lot!

iceman16

You can get a din-rca cable from Chord. They can also do termination from your existing cable(if you have one) at a reasonable fee.The chameleon is a great cable or if you can stretch your budget to anthem it would be better IMHO.:)

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a pair of 0.5m Chord Chameleon Plus (Vee plug version) between my M-DAC & Power amp section of a Restek Challenger. They work - I get sound coming out of my speakers!

How much better they sound over the Chord Crimsons (if any or anything worthwhile), I can't say. They are well make & don't take much force to remove from sockets.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:

+1 on the Mark Grant. I have G1500HD and was better in my system than Chord Crimson, Chameleon and Nordost Red Dawn. Not too far different to Van Den Hul First Ultimate i tested against although the VDH had a bit more treble, detail and organic feel to sound... However £250?? Good points on MG include big soundstage, not fatiging, very good bass and natural sounding. If you want more top end then perhaps other cables better, or rather accentuate more? Either way the MG is very good value for money and no risk 30 day trial.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have the chord crimson, cobra, chameleon. The chameleon is a bit of a step up over the crimson sound wise. Its more open overall with more detail. The soundstage is larger more spacial.The bass goes deeper and is fuller and there seems to be more air around the cymbals. The mids have more inner detail with the instruments and voices and its sound more natural too. The bass isnt as tight and punchy as it could be, its more on the solid fullsome side.

I have found them better than the similarily priced QED and vandenhul. I like kimber, nordost (lean, fast and detailed however can be bright on the wrong equipment) and siltech too, the chord is a slightly warmer tonally than them ( more forgiving cable of bright recordings).

Cheers

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts