Rare Records

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So, do you have any rare records or CDs or maybe even cassette!?

I'll start off:

Erasure - I say I say I say (rare CD in vinyl sleeve with pop up inside)

Fleetwood Mac - Live '71 (I have never found this on the net, but it's not a bootleg because it's got the record label on it and the like...)

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I have U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One on 12 inch - numbered limited release. Did a rummage around the internet a couple of months ago and saw one had sold for about £70 - was quite chuffed and felt like someone on Antiques Roadshow being told their painting was worth several thousand :)

T

the record spot

Sold off a few recently; Genesis "Trespass" 1974 US white label on the ABC label. Also had a test pressing from Speciality Records in Sacramento of the Abacab LP.

And a pile of others....!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
My Wife has the Led Zepp 3 LP with the disc that turns giving different pics in the holes on the front. She also has a Pink Floyd album that's a supposed rare pressing, but I can't remember what album it is, or what makes it rare.

I have Faith No More's 'Angel Dust' CD, but the one without their cover of 'Easy (like Sunday morning)' on it. Everyone else I know has the version with 'Easy...' on it.

My CD of Megadeth's 'Rust In Peace' is signed by the band.

A

Anonymous

I've got quite a few limited edition bits of vinyl and CD including:-

Higher Ground and Taste the Pain - Red Hot Chili Peppers (12" pop out sleeves which make up a chili pepper and the bands logo)

All I Want - U2 ( boxed 12" with poster)

Def Con One - PWEI (12" Doomsday Powermix)

More - The Sisters Of Mercy (CD single in 12" double gatefold sleeve. It folds out to make a large eye of horus)

One - Metallica (12" gatefold single with a 4 page 'A day on the road' tour diary insert. tracks are side 1 One (demo) Side 2 For Whom The Bell Tolls and Creeping Death Live)

We Care A Lot and Anne's Song - Faith No More (12" singles)

Nothings Shocking - Janes Addiction (Album in ribbed rubber sleeve)

Drill Your Own Hole - Gaye Bykers On Acid (Limited edition album without a hole in the centre)

Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd (CD Single)

I was lucky enough to have day release at Leeds College Of Building which is very close to the city centre. They had a large HMV and Virgin Megastore as wel as a couple of good indiependent shops. Most of the limited stuff was easy to come by.

A

Anonymous

i have the dire straits promo disc brothers in arms this was used to promote cd as a new format in 1985 by phillips i think only 200 were made .
i also have the first cd single released onto market the late john martyns angeline.
and quincy jones cd single the dude

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:
Def Con One - PWEI (12" Doomsday Powermix)

Dammit, now I'll have to check my collection but I think I've got that one, got pretty much everything else by them, managed to get Love Missile F1-11 Remix 12" and, finally, the Very Metal Noise Pollution buzzsaw picture disc EP, which I've been looking for for years, less than a tenner for both of them, so possibly rare, but not valuable really. Got the red vinyl X,Y and Zee boxed 12", and the yellow vinyl version, but, oddly, NOT the black vinyl 12"! Got a few boxed cassette singles of theirs as well (by boxed, I mean in 7" size boxes).

I think I've got pretty much everything by them, but I've actually got more of their t-shirts than records!

A

Anonymous

I've got loads of Mo'Wax stuff on CDs (also a few vinyls) including their "Jazz Hip Jap Project" double-album (reference "MWCD0001") plus some other early compilations they did.

One question: how do I know my CDs are considered "rare" and what they're worth?

A

Anonymous

hi all,i have the number of the beast by iron maiden on pic disc as well as piece of mind pic disc from canada signed by bruce dickinson.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I have various Cure rare records, 10", boxed singles, multicolour etc.

Favourite 12" is The Cure - Lullaby on pink vinyl

Used to have 7" Killing an Arab on the Small Wonder label, however when I moved house 7 years ago it was never seen again!

A

Anonymous

I doubt anyone here has heard of a band called HIM. I have a EP by them called '666 ways to love you' There was rumoured to be only 100 copies ever pressed back in 98' I think. I put it on Ebay last year with a reserve of £650 but it only managed £490. It's still in my HIM collection with their '..And Love Said No' 12" Vinyl Boxset, it's NO.207 out of 666. My rarest collection is my Oasis stuff.

Oasis - Familiar to Millions(Triple Vinyl)

Oasis - Rare Vox Box Promo Set

Oasis - Whatever, 7" white label test pressing

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
7" vinyl of U2 - One tree hill (only released in New Zealand I believe)
White vinyl of Simple Minds - Sparkle in the rain (numbered)
7" vinyl - Madness - Night boat to Cairo EP

numerous other collectibles for fans but nothing worth much money

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:My Wife has the Led Zepp 3 LP with the disc that turns giving different pics in the holes on the front. She also has a Pink Floyd album that's a supposed rare pressing, but I can't remember what album it is, or what makes it rare.

I have Faith No More's 'Angel Dust' CD, but the one without their cover of 'Easy (like Sunday morning)' on it. Everyone else I know has the version with 'Easy...' on it.

My CD of Megadeth's 'Rust In Peace' is signed by the band.

Got that Zep 3 lp as well Chris, great packaging indeed. Also have all the other Zep albums on vinyl, including Physical Graffiti with the cut-out windows and In Through The Out Door in the brown paper sleeve. Not sure about their rarity.... Got most of the Genesis and Yes back catalogue on vinyl too - those glorious Roger Dean gatefolds.

I used to have a (vinyl) copy of Joni Mitchell's Hejira which had 2 of the the songs duplicated on both sides (i.e. side 1 tracks 2 & 3 were the same as side 2 tracks 2 & 3) Strange.

A

Anonymous

I think I've got pretty much everything by them, but I've actually got more of their t-shirts than records!

I know what you mean. I got loads in the loft. The oldest is from Leeds Met on the 'This is the day...This is the hour...This is this!' tour. I still wear my red longsleeve "Pepsi" t-shirt (with unedited f word). I've got the boxed 12 X,Y & Zee and 92 Degrees with stencils and stickers. Also got 7" 'There's no love between us anymore' police badge picture disc. I never got the 'Dos Dedos Mis Amigos' remix album though.

I was into all that Stourbridge scene. The Wonder Stuff, Ned's Atomic Dustbin etc.

I still think Clint mansell should have done the soundtrack to the Watchmen film.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:the_lhc: I think I've got pretty much everything by them, but I've actually got more of their t-shirts than records!

I know what you mean. I got loads in the loft. The oldest is from Leeds Met on the 'This is the day...This is the hour...This is this!' tour.

Shamefully I never saw them live. I found out about the 2005 re-union tour two weeks after it finished! Absolutely gutted!

I still wear my red longsleeve "Pepsi" t-shirt (with unedited f word).

I'm too bl88dy fat to wear them now, at least, not without looking an idiot...

I've got the boxed 12 X,Y & Zee and 92 Degrees with stencils and stickers.

12 AND 10"?

Also got 7" 'There's no love between us anymore' police badge picture disc.

Have you got the signed Beaver Patrol red 7"? I've got two, by accident, I saw one in a market in Basildon and snapped it up, then got home and realised I'd already got one! Never was particularly organised when it comes to collecting...

I never got the 'Dos Dedos Mis Amigos' remix album though.

I did, just on normal double CD, it's alright but there's a lot of what I call "Aphex Twin" remixes on there, ie they're supposed to be remixes but you can't actually find anything of the original song in there, it's just one of the remixers own tracks.

I've got Dos Dedos on cassette, with the cigaratte packet packaging, that's pretty cool. In fact most of my albums are on cassette, which is awkward, I did manage to get This is The Day on Japanese CD a couple of years back, which was nice... and I've got Cure For Sanity on Picture Disc LP as well, never played it though, no idea what the sound quality is like.

I was into all that Stourbridge scene. The Wonder Stuff, Ned's Atomic Dustbin etc.

Funny I never listened to any of those other groups, in fact I didn't listen to anything else for about 5 years after I first heard TITDTITHTIT, everything about it, the design, the sampling just hooked me in and nothing else measured up for quite a while (obsessive, moi?).

I still think Clint mansell should have done the soundtrack to the Watchmen film.

I think I might have wet my pants if that'd happened, maybe he can do an alternative soundtrack for the blu-ray? :) Some hope...

A

Anonymous

My brother has ET picture disc - not sure if that is rare but it makes me laugh for some reasonÿ

T

the record spot

fatboyslimfast:What, no Hughsey mentioning in passing that he has the original Quarrymen vinyl single?

He's too busy enthusing about the merits of the War of the Worlds SACD at the moment...!

A

Anonymous

12 AND 10"?
Sorry, was mistaken. There is no 12" boxed 92df! I got the 10" 92df with 'gun' logo stencil and the the 10" gatefold Wise Up sucker. Also have Box Frenzy on vinyl. In fact I still have got a pair of socks and a PWEI Product hoodie lying around in a drawer somewhere.

If your looking for Def. Con. One. (Doomsday Powermix) the cat number is PWEI LI2001. It also has 7" version, Inside You (Live) and She's Surreal (Live) on the b-side.

The Wonder Stuff did a cover of Inside You as a b-side if you didn't know. Also the Prodigy use to do a Live cover of a PWEI song. I can't remember which. And to bore you even more Trent Reznor was such a big fan that he signed them in the US to distribute their records.

gazzyb68

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:
12 AND 10"?
Sorry, was mistaken. There is no 12" boxed 92df!

Sorry, didn't mean to imply there was, 10 and 12" 92f with stencils, X, Y and Zee was boxed.

I got the 10" 92df with 'gun' logo stencil

check.

and the the 10" gatefold Wise Up sucker.

What? dammit dammit dammit, something else to find now...

If your looking for Def. Con. One. (Doomsday Powermix) the cat number is PWEI LI2001.

Ok cheers I'll check it when I get home.

It also has 7" version, Inside You (Live) and She's Surreal (Live) on the b-side.

Oh yes, I've got that, and the promo I think.

The Wonder Stuff did a cover of Inside You as a b-side if you didn't know. Also the Prodigy use to do a Live cover of a PWEI song. I can't remember which.

Not surprised, they did Their Law with the Poppies didn't they.

And to bore you even more Trent Reznor was such a big fan that he signed them in the US to distribute their records.

Which, imo, is what killed them, Clint seemed to want to turn PWEI into NIN after he met Reznor. Did you hear their contribution to the Gary Numan Random tribute CD? It's the last thing PWEI ever recorded and you cannot pick it from NIN, it's horrible, I'm actually glad they split up if that's the direction they were going to go in. Kind of ironic though, I believe Reznor has stated that it was hearing the Poppies that made him want to start his own group, so the Poppies birthed NIN and in return they killed them! Indirectly and of course, allegedly...

rednaxela

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
The rarest album on vinyl i own is the 'Pentateuch' by Dave Greenslade & Patrick Woodroffe, its a double album housed in a hard backed book, the music is ok but the artwork in the book is stunning. Also own a lot of original Hawkwind albums.

TRENDING THREADS