K

keeper of the quays

A tablet or smart phone would do as well? Mini jack from device into amp and bobs your uncle! Radio three? Good choice! I listen to radio three too...the best people do...lol

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
A tablet or smart phone would do as well? Mini jack from device into amp and bobs your uncle! Radio three? Good choice! I listen to radio three too...the best people do...lol

gilles peterson & jarvis cocker for me from radio three*biggrin*

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:

This is a good suggestion. The "BBC iplayer Radio" app is a far slicker way to access BBC radio than any other device I've used (FM, DAB, vtuner on my AVR etc). You could download the app and check it out first, but the user interface and ability to choose podcasts or genres is excellent.

Of course, once you've got a link from device to your amp then that opens up the whole world of streaming too (YouTube, Spotify (or any of its competitors), NPR Music, the new BBC Music app and the list goes on).

Thanks for the suggestions, as the TV is in he same room I'll give that a go to start with - always feels a bit odd though listening to the radio through a TV.

I'll also check out the BBC app, and possibilities of connecting my phone /iPad to the amp.

Yes, Radio 3, has a very fond place in my heart - spent 3 years working there, was definitely my introduction to Classical music.

R2 and 6music are also great :)

Cheers!

Ant

K

keeper of the quays

For what it's worth if you have a iPod or iPhone or iPad the dac inside is rather wonderful and a jack to amp will sound superb..the other gizmos mentioned haven't the apple dac..its a hidden wonder...

So, I picked up the audio jack to rca, used the bbc radio app and simply ran it through the amp from my iPhone.

It's fantastic, and at a fraction of the cost of buying yet another device.

I will probably in the future add the Marantz CD6005, but for now this should be all I need as the majority of the CDs I own are available on streaming services.

Thanks again, I can now enjoy my favourite radio stations through my HiFi :)

rainsoothe

Anthony Glenn said:
So, I picked up the audio jack to rca, used the bbc radio app and simply ran it through the amp from my iPhone.

It's fantastic, and at a fraction of the cost of buying yet another device.

I will probably in the future add the Marantz CD6005, but for now this should be all I need as the majority of the CDs I own are available on streaming services.

Thanks again, I can now enjoy my favourite radio stations through my HiFi :)

You can just use an entry-level Sony bluray with digital out into the pm6005 dac, since it's the same as the one in the cd6005. Doesn't look as good as 2 matching boxes, but it's way cheaper and should sound the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts