Quiz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

johnnyboy1950

May 27, 2013
Visit site
https://www.amazon.co.uk/1971-Never-Moment-Rocks-Golden/dp/178416206X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527628006&sr=8-1&keywords=david+hepworth+-+1971+never+a+dull+moment.

There is a very well respected music journalist called David Hepworth who wrote a book recently called 1971 Never a Dull Moment. See above link.

Coincidence or have you been rumbled ? *blum3*

LOL!

P.S. Being 21 back then I had most of these on vinyl.

insider9

I didn't know about the book. I was born in 1981 so way before my time. It was rather organic making connections, looking at music I like. At first I looked at how many Rock albums I knew from 90's (won't give up the year). That gave me the idea.

Then I started researching it little by little and going year by year and eventually have seen a few articles about 1971. Just thought it was such an unbelievable year for music and worth sharing.

johnnyboy1950

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The book was only released feb 2017. Its such an amazing coincidence you really have to check the book out. £8.00. Born in 1950 I was lucky enough to experience the late 60's during my late teens. The main difference between then and 1971 is that in the 60's music and fashion changed about every 6 months. If you want proof just look at the album covers of The Beatles. However by 1971 things had slowed down in terms of the pace of change. But Hepworth is right that there was a huge number of quality albums released that have stood the test of time. Also the 60's was a mixture of singles and albums that were important but by the 70's the singles market and the album market had almost completely seperated. Led Zeppelin never released a single and never appeared on TOTP.

I could talk about this all night. More stimulating than musing over the musicality of a Dac you are probably going to to spend too much money on. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts