question for ronald archiebald about bdp

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Ronald i noticed via another post that you have a bdp hobbie. My question is as i see you have the panasonic 110 and 310 is there a big difference between the two players as in picture and sound and why has the 310 got 2 hdmi outs, for what purpose? and also would you rate the pioneer lx52 better then the new panas as these 3 are in my picking list especially the 310 for neat size and looks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can't help on comparisons for those players, but the reason for the 2nd HDMI output is for 3D - it allows you to send HD audio soundtracks to an older AV amp which isn't 3D compatible, but also send the 3D picture to your 3DTV at the same time. If you only have one HDMI output and an older non-3D AV amp, you have to choose whether to have HD audio and no 3D by connecting the HDMI to your AV amp, or have 3D by connecting the HDMI to your 3DTV and resorting to standard Dolby Digital / DTS via an optical / coaxial connection to your AV amp.

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Well i dont have a 3d tv and i wont be getting one so i guess i dont need the 2hdmis out then? i just wondered if there was a bigish difference between the 110 and 310 in picture and sound. I dont need all the bells and whistles just good pic and sound and good stereo sound playing music discs or would the old lx52 be the better option. I know ronald has all of these! i will be getting an av reciever and speaker package and will be getting either the onk 608, denon 1911,yam 767 or pioneer 920 but need to demo first. I only have 2hdmis in my pana 42pz70 and no optical so not sure yet how to set it all up together? So if im not going 3d then i only need one hdmi out?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Ok thankyou ronald for quick reply. Sounds like its gonna be the 310 for me then as it sounds worth the extra 50notes. I did like the sweep of hand to open the tray and also its neat little size and the fact that my local dealer are giving away 4 free 3d films when purchased via redemption so i can always sell them on. better order one soon. What do you do with yours, just sell them on?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
LOST,

IMO, in pure picture terms (I only tested both with 2D blu-ray), it is identical. The picture processing technology (P4HD) is afterall the same in both machines. Not sure about 3D material.

The BDT-310 is better sounding though, with a greater depth and richness not found in the BDT-110, which sounds leaner. It also possesses a very smooth tube like sound quality (no doubt due to the DTS feature) that sounds great even with regular CD's.

The BDT-310 also has some additional features like the Dual HDMI's, Touch Free Sensor that opens and closes the disc tray (does not always work, though!), built-in Wi-Fi and Digital Tube Sound (besides the standard High Clarity Sound, which was always great!).

The Dual HDMI's would enable you to use the 'main' output to transmit 3D pictures directly to your TV while the second 'sub' output can be used to send HD audio to your receiver, which is great if your receiver lacks v1.4 inputs.

The Pioneer BDP-LX52 is still a good blu-ray player (picture and sound quality only) in isolation, although I still find that it performs best when partnered with a Pioneer TV rather than any other TV.

Ronald

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
LOST,

Yes, I do think it's worth the premium over the BDT-110.

I like the BDT-310 and might keep this and get rid of the LX-52 instead, as I will need it to compare it to the S-780!

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts