Question: BT speakers.

Brian G

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
Going simply off of sound quality not features, what is likely going to provide a better listening experience: a Dali Katch G2, or 2 paired Beosound A1 gen 2s?

Subjective, I know, but to narrow it down I'm looking for a travel or outdoor set-up that can provide something like a good HiFi stereo experience both outside and in hotel rooms.

Going simply off of sound quality not features, what is likely going to provide a better listening experience: a Dali Katch G2, or 2 paired Beosound A1 gen 2s?

Subjective, I know, but to narrow it down I'm looking for a travel or outdoor set-up that can provide something like a good HiFi stereo experience both outside and in hotel rooms.
I have the original Dali Katch for sound quality reasons mainly, althoughr size certainly came into it. I have not heard the Beosound so cannot help there
The Katch was one of the very few things I have purchased without actually auditioning and glad I did. it still amazes me how they managed to get a sound like they did out of something so thin.
NB:- You don't get good stereo out of one of these but it is sufficient for travelling. If you wanted proper stereo in a home-based situation you would need to buy two.

Reactions: Niallivm

Brian G

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
I have the original Dali Katch for sound quality reasons mainly, althoughr size certainly came into it. I have not heard the Beosound so cannot help there
The Katch was one of the very few things I have purchased without actually auditioning and glad I did. it still amazes me how they managed to get a sound like they did out of something so thin.
NB:- You don't get good stereo out of one of these but it is sufficient for travelling. If you wanted proper stereo in a home-based situation you would need to buy two.
Re: the stereo, your experience is inline with what I somewhat suspected. I've read reviews stating that the stereo effect is impressive on the G2, but that seamed unlikely. I suspect that I'll end up blind-buying a katch G2 as well... Mostly on account of trying to minimize the made in China parts that I'm paying for. If I'm impressed maybe I'll grab a second one still cheaper than the closest devialet option, I suppose and eminently more portable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts