Question about the WHFSV Demo

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Part of the demo made mention of how DVDs and Blu-ray films can be stored on a networked storage server. Which software package would you use to make back ups of your DVDs and Blu-ray discs? And - he asks somewhat naively - is it legal?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh yes, we're legit
emotion-2.gif

The guys are still demo-ing like crazy, but i've asked one of them to come up here when they get a breather and give you the full details.

A

Anonymous

Hi WightKnight,

Our understanding of the legal situation is that it is fine to make a backup copy of a disc you already own, but making further copies or burning to a blank disc could land you in some murky water.

There are a variety of pieces of software available on the internet for ripping DVDs, and we wouldn't particularly recommend any particular one over the others. I would simply suggest a good Google search and you'll find everything you need. Then you can just choose the software based on the different features that are available.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And by about now he should've finished helping load the Bristol van for the homeward run - Tom, like all of the WHFSV review crew, has certainly been earning his keep this weekend. And at the risk of getting a bit too Oscarish, great job guys...

Mind you, he did get Jason Plato's autograph, which I think made his weekend!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

Mind you, he did get Jason Plato's autograph, which I think made his weekend!

[/quote]

Well, that and Spurs winning the Carling Cup!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Well, that and Spurs winning the Carling Cup!

[/quote]

Oh right, not a great follower of the Association Football, myself. But well done the Hotspurs, too, if that's the right thing to say...

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

Bit of a silly question but what album did the guys play from the Apple Lossless music files? It had a bluey grey cover with a face on it..!!

All the equipment was very impressive by the way. My boyfriend and I are looking forward to treating ourselves to an Apple TV when we get a house!!

Thanks

Amanda

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts