Question about an article

D

Deleted member 2457

On this article: https://www.whathifi.com/au/advice/...-controllers-compared#xenforo-comments-111676

in the specs round the PS5 wins, but I am confused because it's stated a couple of times that the XBox has better specs, it doesn't even say why the PS5 won so it's very confusing
I think you need to read it again. It states the PS5 dual sense features on the controller are way better and user interface wins heads down on the PS5 too. Everything else was similar performance.

Reactions: Longchops

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
"In the battle of the spec sheets, the PS5 appears to lose out against the Xbox Series X. Both have 8-core CPUs from AMD, but the Xbox’s are clocked at 3.8GHz while the PS5’s are 3.5GHz. Both consoles also use AMD graphics processors, with the Xbox’s providing 12 teraflops of power to the PS5’s 10.28 teraflops.

Both consoles use SSDs (solid-state drives) rather than mechanical hard disk drives, with Microsoft offering a terabyte of storage to the PS5’s 825GB. But the way Sony has designed and integrated the PS5’s storage makes it so fast (more than twice as fast as that of the Series X, in fact) that it essentially boosts overall console performance."

bugjohns

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
I think you need to read it again. It states the PS5 dual sense features on the controller are way better and user interface wins heads down on the PS5 too. Everything else was similar performance.
But User interface and controllers are not specs?

bugjohns

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
"In the battle of the spec sheets, the PS5 appears to lose out against the Xbox Series X. Both have 8-core CPUs from AMD, but the Xbox’s are clocked at 3.8GHz while the PS5’s are 3.5GHz. Both consoles also use AMD graphics processors, with the Xbox’s providing 12 teraflops of power to the PS5’s 10.28 teraflops.

Both consoles use SSDs (solid-state drives) rather than mechanical hard disk drives, with Microsoft offering a terabyte of storage to the PS5’s 825GB. But the way Sony has designed and integrated the PS5’s storage makes it so fast (more than twice as fast as that of the Series X, in fact) that it essentially boosts overall console performance."
The PS5's ssd is clocked in higher, but it gets bottlenecked by the Cpu and Gpu, I don't understand how it wins spec-wise considering Xbox has advantages over everything else

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts