Do manufacturers aim to confuse with their TV ranges?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, maybe it's just me and maybe it's just because I haven't been paying enough attention to TV sales recently but I am finding it increasingly difficult to establish how TV's differ even within manufacturer let alone across brand. Time was you could judge by price, and buy by budget, but with ever increasing deals on websites price is becoming less of a benchmark to what a TV offers. I have tried investigating the manufacturers I am interested in to see what light they shed on their ranges.......and you can guess my success by the fact I am posting here instead of making a purchase.

To illustrate my point, even within Toshiba (who are probably clearer than most) I am left confused, I (think I) know that C series is entry level while the Z series is the top level, but how does the AV series compare to the X series? And in Sony is the P series superior to the S series? I could go on with other manufacturers but you get the picture.

Can anyone explain the Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony and Toshiba ranges to me to allow me to decide at which series of TV I would like to buy from each manufacturer? This will then make sure I am comparing like for like when choosing a TV.

I am in the market for a 32" TV and I am tempted by the Sony that won the budget supertest (money is always one factor in making a purchase) but am happy to pay more to get a better TV. I use my TV mainly for playing my xbox 360 and for watching SD TV or SD DVD's so true HD is obviously not a necessity and I have an upper limit of £700. So if you don't understand the ranges but can recommend a couple of TV's in that budget range then please feel free.

Thanks for reading, any help much appreciated

Stuart

A

Anonymous

the best 32" tv as per me and what hi-fi is the pana 32LXD700 , just go thro its features that should be ur benchmark for a best quality 32" tv..................then collect info(model no. etc) on similar spec tv from say a salesman...................then believe in ur eyes and watch them playing........................sony and pana are the best in lcd 32" category(DON'T GO FOR FULL HD LCD TV BELOW AND UPTO 32" SIZE, TECHNICALLY FULLHD AT 32" IS NOT WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY U SPEND ON IT)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Mandeep.

I will definitely check out the spec and use this as a benchmark for other TV's. are you saying that this is the top of the range panasonic 32"?

The LXD700 is coming in around £100 over what I would like to spend so I will either have to push my budget out (it was already stretched) or find something else. and I have one nangging question stopping me shelling out for the LXD700.............Is it really worth paying £250/£300 more for than say the Panasonic LMD70 or the Sony P3020?

A

Anonymous

Mandeep full HD isn't available on any 32" tvs on the market anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts