Question about 3D TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi from my understanding there are different formats to 3D TV, Panasonic is different to Sony etc etc. My question is will Films released on 3D Blu-ray be in a certain format like Blu-Ray v HD or will all 3D Films / Sky TV be in a format which can be used by all 3D TV's?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There is a 3D Blu-ray standard, which means all 3D Blu-rays will play on all 3D-capable TVs. However, you may need different glasses for different manufacturers' TVs, and you're going to need one pair of glasses for Sky 3D, and another for Blu-ray, on most 3D TVs

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Another question about 3D:

Am I right in thinking that 3D will only come into its own on larger >=50" screens and that 3D is simply not effective on smaller screens ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's perfectly possible to do 3D on smaller screens, as computer manufacturers are set to prove. But it's really down to viewing distances and screen size - I've found 3D only really works when the screen fills the field of vision, and there's nothing visible around it to distract the eye.

That's going to mean larger screens will work better at normal domestic viewing distances, and it'll help to have the lights down a bit in the room, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts