Quality of Internet Radio

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Its beginning to look like either a Squeezebox or a dedicated tuner/streamer sucas as the Denon which is now available for 199 may fit the configuration of the room more easily. Before I do though can someone clarify whether Apple TV is out of the question in my set up

On one side of the room I have Sony television and ethernet fed homeplug. An audio cable feeds my non digital amp on the other side of the room.

Could I add Apple TV and a DAC and associated cabling to the Sony and the only cable that goes to my amp is the existing audio cable?

Paul

A

Anonymous

Since your amp is analog (no included DAC), the TV's DAC can be used. No additional DAC needed. So you have to go from TV to amp with an analog connection. AppleTV would connect to your TV via HDMI. This is the least expensive configuration while enjoying the benefits of Apple TV (which includes internet radio and music server).

Squeezebox is an option that connects only to your amp. But for only a few quid more, Apple TV is the latest technology with a very nice onscreen menu system, TV/movie viewing options, its own little remote, and direct access to iTunes. Just plug your ethernet cable into Apple TV and you're ready to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts