Quality of current Rogers speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Some advice please
emotion-2.gif

I'm in the process of purchasing a secondary Hi-Fi kit (no HT), based on a Tripath amp. So I'm in the market for a pair of not-very-demanding bookshelf speakers. (Therefore looking at high(ish) impedance and -sensitivity speakers. If this is an incorrect approach, please let me know.)

One speaker which is both within budget and does not seem very 'difficult' is the Rogers LS611 (approx. £280 per pair.) For reference: http://www.rogers.com.hk/ENG/spec-LS611.php

When I search the web for reviews / information about Rogers speakers, all I find is stuff related to the products they made before production moved to China. I also searched these forums, and nada (a bad sign in itself I guess
emotion-1.gif
), but can anyone here comment on the quality of these speakers?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

A

Anonymous

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. There is no specific reason I would want these, other than:

- They are affordable (plus I have seen the same speakers at different on-line dealers for more than twice as much...)

- Rogers is apparently a brand which *used* to create quality speakers, I was just curious whether this was still the case

- They fit the technical specs I have been looking for (8 Ohms, 89dB). How much more difficult to handle would, say, a 6 Ohm, 87 dB speaker be compared to these?

Part of me also likes the idea of buying a brand which is slightly obscure I guess
emotion-5.gif
Thanks again for the response, and if nobody here can tell me these speakers are no good at all, I suppose I'll just have to go and have a listen for myself. If only to satisfy my curiosity
emotion-1.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I hate to knock any hifi company but Roger didn't made any thing that set the hif world on fire for a long while now....far too long for one of the most respectable brand 30 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts