Question QLED or UE for Less Money?

Kpassa

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
I am looking at 2 Samsung 4K televisions. The 65Q60T is a 65" with plenty of bells and whistles for 799 Euros. The UE70TU7105 is 10 inches larger and 100 Euros cheaper. We don't use a lot of fancy features. What we mainly do 90+ percent of the time is plug a memory stick into the USB port of the tv we currently have and watch movies and tv shows that I have downloaded onto our computer. No games, no streaming services other than watching the occasional YouTube video. Is the QLED option worth the higher price and smaller size? At the distance away we normally watch from the extra large screen won't make a noticeable difference so it's more down to value for money.
BTW, the website where we are looking at the UE70TU7105 is calling it a QLED tv but nothing I have found in my research indicates that it true.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am looking at 2 Samsung 4K televisions. The 65Q60T is a 65" with plenty of bells and whistles for 799 Euros. The UE70TU7105 is 10 inches larger and 100 Euros cheaper. We don't use a lot of fancy features. What we mainly do 90+ percent of the time is plug a memory stick into the USB port of the tv we currently have and watch movies and tv shows that I have downloaded onto our computer. No games, no streaming services other than watching the occasional YouTube video. Is the QLED option worth the higher price and smaller size? At the distance away we normally watch from the extra large screen won't make a noticeable difference so it's more down to value for money.
BTW, the website where we are looking at the UE70TU7105 is calling it a QLED tv but nothing I have found in my research indicates that it true.
According to this review the Q60 is the lowest in the QLED range:

I would go for the better colours of the QLED TV personally.

Reactions: Kpassa
I’ve been looking at TVs lately and Which? magazine report the lower Q range as being poor on SD pictures. If you use Sky that’s probably not an issue, but we still use Freeview here on a local transmitter, so BBC4 for example isn’t shown in HD.
Other Samsung models appear to have poor viewing angles, as do the cheaperLG Nano models, which again may not matter if you’ve a big sofa, but I quite like sitting to one side, so that’s a snag for us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts