QAV White - Q Acoustics QAV 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker System

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
your reviews on this system and what connections does this have? will i be needing an amp with this system i need something that will connect to my ps3 via optical and virgin via optical but dont want the extra amp this system seems good

dapouch

Mar 27, 2008
Visit site
The Q-AV 5.1 needs a separate amp/receiver. The system consists of 6 speakers -one sub, one front left and one front right speaker, one for the centre channel and one for right and left rear channels.

If you have an amp capable of 7.1 then you can add an additional surround pair of speakers.

Either way you need the extra equipment to decode/receive/amplify signals from PS3/Blu-ray/DVD player etc.

I have the Q-AV system and it's great

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
need a system that has 2 optical inputs(would be better if it had 3) which delievers like this one But no amp please already got to much equipement havent got room for an amp

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
even soundbars?

i dont mind it having a dvd player but not an amp the sony HT-IS100 system has 2 optical inputs but the only issue with this is doesnt do hd audio said it on the review

does any sounbar deliever 5.1?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
A soundbar, by its very definition, can't deliver true 5.1 - 5.1 consists of 6 speakers, two fronts, two rears, one centre and a subwoofer. Some attempt to create a false surround sound by having lots of speakers built into the soundbar, some of which are designed to bounce sound off the walls so it appears to come from behind you. In my experience, these aren't anywhere near as good as a proper surround system.

Any speaker package you buy will require amplification. If you can't have another box on your rack, your best bet is to try and find an all-in-one box where the amplification is housed in the subwoofer. Unfortunately I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Also, if you're connecting up with an optical connection, there's no need to worry about the HD audio formats as an optical cable doesn't have the bandwidth to carry the HD audio signals - the best you will be able to get is standard Dolby Digital / DTS.

TRENDING THREADS