Q Acoustics 3050 vs. Dali Zensor 7 (both in white)

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello!

I am looking to pair either a Quad Vena or a Cambridge Audio CXA60 with speakers. Can anyone comment on any differences between these two speakers?

Thanks!

Jonathan

jonathanstromstedt said:
Hello!

I am looking to pair either a Quad Vena or a Cambridge Audio CXA60 with speakers. Can anyone comment on any differences between these two speakers?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Cannot help really as only heard one and not on either of those amps. Any reason for a shortlist of those two only? Is it just budget or are those the only two you can get to audition?

In the most general terms I’d expect the QA to sound a little smoother and warmer than the Dali, but like Al I have not heard them alongside each other. This is more based on each make and the models I have heard.

Do you have access to many dealers in Sweden?

hilts10

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Had a demo with a few speakers , the 3050's being one of them. Out of them I liked the 3050's the best , giving a warm fuller sound and they have great reviews.

I ended up with some Focal Aria 906's that came up as a bargain which I love.

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the input! I am shortlisting those speakers because of price, i can demo them, i like the look of the q3050s...

I hear you on the Quad or CXA choice for pairing... will mull it over. However, in white, the q3050s are way more than the Dalis in white...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jonathanstromstedt said:
Hi,

Thanks for the input! I am shortlisting those speakers because of price, i can demo them, i like the look of the q3050s...

I hear you on the Quad or CXA choice for pairing... will mull it over. However, in white, the q3050s are way more than the Dalis in white...

In the UK the Zenzor 7 is far more expensive than the 3050s which suggests that in your market the Zenzors are much better value.

One additional thought, both the Zenzor and the 3050 are speakers that need space around them if you are to avoid loose or boomy bass, if you are in a tight space or if the speakers are reasonably close to a wall, you may do better with the Zenzor 5, sometimes less is more.

maroonbells

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Very, very happy with my 3050's. One thing I would say is that they have stealthy bass, it's not in your face at all, suits me that way in a terraced house so I'm happy.

I want some concept 500's now though :)

gasolin

davedotco said:
jonathanstromstedt said:
Hi,

In the UK the Zenzor 7 is far more expensive than the 3050s which suggests that in your market the Zenzors are much better value.

So because Dali Zensor 7 cost more than Q Acoustics 3050 you think it's bette value? *crazy*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
davedotco said:
jonathanstromstedt said:
Hi,

So because Dali Zensor 7 cost more than Q Acoustics 3050 you think it's bette value? *crazy*

In the uk the Zenzor 7s are much more expensive than the 3050s, generally speaking. In the Sweden where the OP is based, I believe the pricing is the other way round, ie the 3050s being more expensive.

So whilst in the uk the 3050s are better value because of their price advantage, in the swedish market it would appear that the Zenzor 7 have the price advantage, hence better value.

insider9

gasolin said:
davedotco said:
jonathanstromstedt said:
Hi,

So because Dali Zensor 7 cost more than Q Acoustics 3050 you think it's bette value? *crazy*
Can't speak for DDC but after demo of QA 2010, 2020, 3020 I'd not recommend them at all at any price. How it translates to other speakers in their range I quite don't know but my preference between the two would always be Dali. Price has nothing to do with it. Personal preference is everything. Many people value them including WHF.

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
hi

the reason why i am not going on ebay or tradera etc swedish versions is that till now i have mostly shopped used, which is fine. But this time i want to buy new.

yes, in Sweden the Dali Zensor 7 are 7900 SEK (720 pounds), and i can maybe get a break on that if i combine my purchase with the CAX60. The Q3050 are 10900 SEK (990 pounds) in white. Needs to be white.

As for space, I have reconverted a small barn. Very nice and cosy. Space is approx 6 m to 9m long, and 5 meters wide, with 2.5 meter ceiling. I can put the speakers away from the wall as much as a like. It seems pretty airy. No clutter around speaker, just the wall, a little chest in between them, a flatscreen TV, and no shelves on wall or directly around the speaker. The speakers are a bit more than 2 meters apart. . I kind of like bigger speakers for the moment. Wider sound? Deeper base? Can smaller speakers offer that spaciousness?

I would also add that i do like a present bass... i am hearing that the q3050 have a stealthier base than the Dali7?

J

gasolin

jonathanstromstedt said:
hi

the reason why i am not going on ebay or tradera etc swedish versions is that till now i have mostly shopped used, which is fine. But this time i want to buy new.

yes, in Sweden the Dali Zensor 7 are 7900 SEK (720 pounds), and i can maybe get a break on that if i combine my purchase with the CAX60. The Q3050 are 10900 SEK (990 pounds) in white. Needs to be white.

As for space, I have reconverted a small barn. Very nice and cosy. Space is approx 6 m to 9m long, and 5 meters wide, with 2.5 meter ceiling. I can put the speakers away from the wall as much as a like. It seems pretty airy. No clutter around speaker, just the wall, a little chest in between them, a flatscreen TV, and no shelves on wall or directly around the speaker. The speakers are a bit more than 2 meters apart. . I kind of like bigger speakers for the moment. Wider sound? Deeper base? Can smaller speakers offer that spaciousness?

I would also add that i do like a present bass... i am hearing that the q3050 have a stealthier base than the Dali3£7?

J

In Denmark

Q Acoustics 650£ for a pair (5490kr)

http://www.audiocompagniet.dk/shop/default-web/hoejttalere/gulvhoejttalere/q-acoustics-3050/c-23/c-80/p-1637

here the price i soo close theres only 1£ in difference, theres atleast 2 places where they are alot cheaper in Denmark than sweden https://hifistore.dk/3000-series-123/3050-p584

Dali zensor 7 710£ for a pair (5998kr)

https://www.hifiklubben.dk/hojttalere/gulvhojttalere/dali-zensor-7-gulvhojttaler/

jonathanstromstedt

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
so i ended up with the Dali Z7s. They are priced competitively in Sweden and work really well with the CXa60 in my opinion: I like the clear sound, separation, forward vocals and 3D soundstage, and the Z7s give a nice, warm and round bubble of music, a wider feeling. And as mentioned, a good bass: listening to Apocaliptica Cello pieces you could feel the strings vibrating in the torso, while Armstrong vocals felt like one might accidentally get some spit on the face! So present... And they look awesome in white, nice finish, with the copper bronze colored mids, looks really nice, not just black and white. Got them for 7900SEK, with a potential Bfriday rebate at Hifi Klubben in Sweden. Awesome folks there let me try, at home, a whole slew of combinations. Did not even ask for a deposit! For a neeb like me, that made the whole difference and sealed the sale. Till i know more of what i am looking for, this is a good place for me to start.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts