Q Acoustics 3020 at £120 ??

gypsygc

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I notice in this months What Hi Fi that Q Acoustics 3020 won a supertest based on a price of £120. At that price I'd be very interested and yet I can only find them for £199. Does anyone know what is going on here ?

gypsygc said:
I notice in this months What Hi Fi that Q Acoustics 3020 won a supertest based on a price of £120. At that price I'd be very interested and yet I can only find them for £199. Does anyone know what is going on here ?

Probably a typo, their own review says the price was £190

gypsygc

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems a pretty big typo as they consistently mention it and say they win the supertest over the Missions because of the £70 price drop... on a couple of occasions. Very strange given the profile they gave it.

gypsygc said:
Seems a pretty big typo as they consistently mention it and say they win the supertest over the Missions because of the £70 price drop... on a couple of occasions. Very strange given the profile they gave it.

Thus demonstrating its best not to believe everything you read from one publication.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
They were £119 from December to January, which is when we looked at them again for the magazine, so it wasn't a typo. And they were £150 for a lot of last year. But they do seem to now be back up to £199. Obviously we can only really take a snapshot of the price at the time, so it's a bit of a tricky one sometimes unfortunately.

https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?pu=3016405

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just shows how much of a ride we're taken on by the retail industry. I'm sure no one was making a loss when they were being sold at £150, or probably £119. And many if not all of the retailers who have increased their price to £199 are selling from the same stock they had in their storerooms prior to the sudden dramatic increase, so there isn't even the argument that the hike is the sum of individual cost increases at each stage of the manufacturing->retail chain.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
Just shows how much of a ride we're taken on by the retail industry.

My current favourite at the moment is the Mercedes-Benz CLS 220D AMG, reduced from £47,970 to £31,395. However the vast majority will be bought on lease at full price. The car industry is taking us for a ride.

jjbomber said:
MajorFubar said:
Just shows how much of a ride we're taken on by the retail industry.

My current favourite at the moment is the Mercedes-Benz CLS 220D AMG, reduced from £47,970 to £31,395. However the vast majority will be bought on lease at full price. The car industry is taking us for a ride.

I am quite happy to be taken for a ride in my car, by my stereo though is another matter entirely and, since this is a hifi forum, it's well worth keeping it as such. ;-)

MajorFubar said:
Just shows how much of a ride we're taken on by the retail industry. I'm sure no one was making a loss when they were being sold at £150, or probably £119. And many if not all of the retailers who have increased their price to £199 are selling from the same stock they had in their storerooms prior to the sudden dramatic increase, so there isn't even the argument that the hike is the sum of individual cost increases at each stage of the manufacturing->retail chain.

This is obviously a case of a good review from a hifi publication being not so good for the consumer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts