Q Acoustics 2050i

thionysos

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there...

I want to build a stereo hifi system. My budget is 1000 euros max for stereo amplifier and speakers.

I start my searching first, by selecting the speakers. For my budget i am thinking about the Q Acoustics 2050i floorstanding speakers.

What amp do you recomend. Is the Marantz PM6004 a good match? Marantz power output: 8/4 ohm RMS 45 W/60 W.

Also, do i need a subwoofer for the deep bass?

Q Acoustics 2050i specs: Frequency Response 44 Hz - 22 kHz, Nominal Impedance 6 ohm, Recomended Power 25 - 150 W.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Those speakers are excellent for the money, I think a better quality amplifier will help bring out the best of them though. If you can afford it (Don't know what prices/shipping rates are to whichever country you're in) try looking for a Creek Evolution 50a, it'll do a much better job of controlling them. As for the extra bass, I think you'll be fine unless you're a real junkie. You can get Q Acoustics standalone subs on ebay these days and the integration should be tight. Hope this helps!

adamwillan

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have these speakers and love them, albeit I have nothing to compare against as they were my first decent speakers. I have the Rotel ra-12 amp and marantz cd6005 and I have never found myself needing more volume or bass and I mainly listen to Techno. Depends on how much bass you want, or expect I suppose... The only comment that I would have is check you are happy with the size of them as they are massive and much deeper than similar priced competition speakers.

TRENDING THREADS