Q Acoustics 2010i or Boston Acoustics A25 speakers???

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Am looking to upgrade my lounge system from virtually nothing (creative gigaworks T40'S plugged into the tv) to something i can actually listen to.

Looks are important as the room is all minimalist with white high gloss furniture cream leather etc. I have bought a cheap cheap amp onkyo a9155 off ebay

and want to pair it with some glossy speakers - Have narrowed it down to Q Acoustics 2010's or Boston Acoustics A25 - both in gloss white. Does anyone have any advice or opinions on them pleeeeease?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Went into Richer sounds today to audition some 2010's the sales guy picked one speaker up walked past the listening room to the counter and plugged this single speaker into their backround music source plonked it on the counter in front of all the other customers and said ''there you go''

hmmm not quite the audition i was looking for. Needless to say i left without buying them.......

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
That is really poor from Richersounds. If he didn't have time then he should have just said!

I've recently purchased a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers. If they are anything to go by, I would recommened auditioning (properly) the 2010s, as I think they share the same drivers as mine.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
The QA 2010is are fanastic little speakers. The chap in Richer Sounds needs a good talking to by his manager....assuming he wasn't the manager. Hope not. Don't let that inept person put you off. The imaging is amazing on them. I've got them on the end of a Marantz MCR610 in both bedrooms and they are definitely worth the money.

The Concept 20s are on the end of a MCR610 in my living room. They share the same speaker drivers as the 2020is, not the 2010is. Also terrific. Very impressed with the QA range.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The new Concept QA's do look like a great buy but a bit costly for me for what is going to be a 2nd system.

The 2010's i have decided are too small to look right on speaker stands (aesthetics really do matter in my living room)

so i have decided on the A25's which although not raved about generally still get a 5 stars review on What Hifi - They are also considerably

cheaper than the 2020's (another important consideration). I may add a sub at a later date depending on how they sound.

I won't be going back to Richer Sounds though which is a shame but it isnt the 1st bad experience i have had with them and doubly a shame as there isnt anything else comparable locally

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I think you made a very good choice. The A25 will sound bigger and have more spacious sound than the 2010i's. think you will love them:)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I must say i do like that spacious sound you mention, my only worry is possibly a slight lack of punch - the proof will be in the pudding though.

I see you have S30's....what do you think of them? i loved mine

TRENDING THREADS