Q Acoustic - banana plugs and audio cd for subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have got a Q Acoustics 2000i cinema package + onkyo 609 and have set it up moraless how I want it. However, I only just noticed a few days ago that banana plugs can be used to the speaker but I am sure last time I tried, it didn't seem to fit. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Like 609 how it had them little plastic lugs inside it.

Also, the audio cd. It's a terrible noise which comes from it and it doesn't seem to be based on the front left or whatever speaker it says in the manual. I did tyr e-mailing them but seemingly they don't wish to reply...

Many thanks for anyone who can help.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

May someone who owns the same set please tell me about the banana plug situation. Many thanks.

Hello hanman,

You can push 4mm plugs straight into the speaker binding posts on the bottom of your speakers. The plugs go in about 10mm. Alternatively, you can unscrew the binding posts and simply use bare wire.

If you use 4mm plugs, you will probably find them pretty tight. Unfortunately, despite their name, 4mm plugs tend to vary in diameter, so most binding post suppliers design the sockets to be tight to ensure a good contact.

Very best regards,

Steve

Steve Reichert

PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Steve, 10mm - that does not a lot? With the Onkyo it felt like it should, went right to the end where it met the plastic part. I presume with the Q acoustics speakers - it does not?

A

Anonymous

Below is a link that shows the banana plugs in position, this was exactly how mine were, I simply used the binding posts believing this arrangement to be a more secure solution.

http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk/image_popup.php?filename=q-acoustics-2010-large.jpg

Kev

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Kjay, yeah it doesn't look the most secure. Will perhaps think about it some other time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts