Put me out of my misery with i-tunes and NAS

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I am new to i-tunes so bear with me. The Readynas is set up. I've changed the kids computer to send all their music to it on new rips in the preferences/advanced tab. Now starting on my laptop. I can see the Readynas on explorer no problem both as a storage device and media device but when I go to into i-tunes and try to change folder location to the NAS it doesn't see it.

Any suggestions.

scene

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the nas. One thing that can cause problems is if you've got a firewall on your laptop, either windows one or kaspersky, etc. If your home network isn't set up as a "trusted network" then itunes can have problem, even if you can see the drive.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I think you are onto something because I do get an untrusted certificate if I log onto the Readynas thru tinternet explorer.. I have tried adding it to the trusted list but I am into unknown territory here. All our computers are Kasperskied but the kids one was out of date when I did theirs and it worked no problem.I've deactivated the firewall on the laptop but it still would not see it.

scene

I've got Kaspersky and I had this issue when I connected up my NAS - I found a solution on the Sonos web site - in fact step by step detailed instructions.

Here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1036

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that but no joy. I can see it on the laptop and have transferred files already- it's just i-tunes that cannot see it. Very frustrating. Bed,sleep and the obvious will come to mind in the middle of the night.

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious but have you actually mapped the NAS to a drive letter in Explorer? If you don't map it, then iTunes won't be able to see it. It will then appear in Explorer and Windows will just see it as another drive rather than any sort of server. You can set the root of this mapped drive to be any folder on your NAS, so you could map several shares on the NAS to different drive letters if that's useful to you.

Make sure you tick the 'Reconnect at next logon' box when you map the drive.

TRENDING THREADS