Puresound A10 - 6 ohm speakers in the 4 ohm inputs ?

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey there,

I need some help with this as Im finding it a bit confusing. Im going to be auditioning a few different speakers soon and a few of them are 6 ohm. My Puresound amp has 4 ohm inputs for speakers and 8 ohm inputs for speakers. Should I use the 4ohm inputs ?

Thank you,

Stephen

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I would use the 4ohms setting to keep the amp running cooler. But try it also in 8ohms for couple of hours, see if it heats up excessively. If not, might as well keep it in the 8ohms.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You will need speakers with high sensitivity (ideally 92 dB plus)- and benign impedance (not plummeting to below 4 Ohms). Audio Note are usually a good choice.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It must be you mean 'outputs' instead of 'inputs'. The sound is going from your amp to the speakers, not the other way around.

Mostly the 4 ohm gives a bit more tighter bass and the 8 ohm will give a bit more soundstage, as it says. But you should look at the impedance-curve of your speakers. Mostly they have a dip somewhere in the low freq range. I think the 4 ohm output will be best.

You can always try both and use what you like best. There is no technical objection to either combination.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts