AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
so how long does this 1.54 update take to install. its downloaded the update, installed it and it seems to have hung,

been sat there like 10 mins with nothing onscreen and the blue bar flashing slowly on the side...

has it bricked? i just got it today!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Don't remember it taking that long once the update had downloaded and installed. Give it another 10 minutes maybe, then try backing out if you can (I think the Options button will allow you to), and then trying the update through Settings > System Update again (see here).

If there's no backing out, you'll probably have to reset it. If you have troubles restarting, you can go into Safe Mode (instructions here) and then either run through System Update through there, or Initialise it to get back to default. Worst case, you might have to download the latest copy of the software and use the Reinstall System Software option - let us know if you get there as I did this when I installed upgraded HDD so can run you through it.

Hope you get it sorted - if you do, very much recommend Resogun - still free through PS Plus subscription and one of the best games out there.

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
hey man, thanks for the reply, after a little searching around, i decided to power cycle it, seems to have done the trick! its also updated correctly as far as i can see.

but thanks also for the links, im sure they will come in handy at some point!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts