smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
my music sorted mrs and me can use the squeezebox, next is for films,downloaded films,films her brother drops on the laptop via memory stick and hd camcorder footage in avchd files. i have set up my sharing from my laptop and we open the windows part on my ps3 but i finds only a few xvid files a few dvix, some camcorder and half my downloaded tv series from i think blinkbox. im in a mess is there one free software that i can run my videos through and convert them into a ps3 freindly format that can stream and then the mrs can just turn my laptop on next to my hifi and use squeezebox and p3 for movies,pics,videos

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i think 80% are ok im sure i have been given some dogdy downloads in the last few months so if this software cant see the file should i delete it as it will wont be legal

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks seems good so far it says my first effort will be done in 46mins so hope the ps3 will pick it up. is there ever any issues with audio lag . i used a software called hamster but did 3 films into mp4 ane 2 out of 3 had audio lag. so binned that software off.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
i think 80% are ok im sure i have been given some dogdy downloads in the last few months so if this software cant see the file should i delete it as it will wont be legal

Well, no, the software will convert anything. It's up to you to determine the legality of your sources and whether you use them or not. I'd say anything where you are able to download copyrighted content for free is going to be fairly suspicious.

A

Anonymous

professorhat said:
Assuming all items to be viewed are legal, I've found PS3 Video 9 works okay in the past.
I should apologize in advance for this comment, but I really don't understand this.

What items are illegal? Do you still have all the receipts for your CDs, should anyone question their legality? And more importantly, why would the legality of the source material have any impact on how well a program works? Have we now come to the point where software itself is accepted to be judge, jury and executioner? Regardless of local laws, licenses or personal circumstances that might trump those laws?

Did I apologize already?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts