PS3 to get DTS HD MA.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If this guy says its going to happen you can take it as gospel.

Penton-Man;716226 said:
Honestly, my hopes are becoming dimmer and dimmer that he will ever make an appearance as an official Insider posting on his thread.

The simple fact of the matter is that he is lucky if he has the time to take one bathroom break during the course of his day much less post on any forum. Initially, when he was encouraged to participate here, he predicted his workload would decrease after the 1st of the year……….and it just has not.
It may have even become more intensive and time-consuming.
I wouldn’t hold my breath regarding his debut here.

I will tell you though that it is a certainty that the PS3 will get DTS HD MA.
Well, let me rephrase as the only certainties in life are death and taxes.

I say you can pretty much hang your hat on getting the above with a future firmware upgrade for the Playstation 3.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
That's great news. The two questions it raises though are when, and will it be by decoding or by bitstream? As for the former, I would predict it will happen at the same time the PS3 is updated to BD Profile 2.0 - around May/June from what I've heard. As for the latter, well I'm not really that bothered. No-one seems to know for sure whether the PS3 is capable of sending HD audio via bitstream. To me, it's not a big deal. I think the machine does a great job of decoding DD TrueHD and I'm sure it'll do the same with DTS HD MA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts